Got a Favorite Riding Boot?

HappyMan

I've been looking at some Sidi boots and was planning on running down to the local Ducati dealer to try some on to see what I think (and maybe check out my two wheeled mistress) grin.gif

What other boots should I be looking at? Anyone got some opinions? lmao.gif

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Depends on if your feet are average, wide or narrow. I have narrow feet and found that the BMW Goretex boot fit me best. I rode that quite happily for 7-1/2 years. Now I have a Sidi boot...the Discovery? It's definitely a dual-sport boot with three buckles on the side. fits good as I can fine tune it with the buckles. It was difficult to shift the RT though...I ended up shifting with the stitching welt...worked out fit once I figured out what to do.

bakerzdosen

I like my On-Roads. Looking around Torrey I saw several pair. I also have a pair of Diadora Hurricanes that are great as well (they were cheap from newenough on eBay.) They are better than the On-roads in one key way: Shin and ankle armor.

Sidi seems to make a sport touring boot as well. Do you like your Sidi boots better than the BMW boots? Are they comfortable for long trips?

I like my On-Roads. Looking around Torrey I saw several pair. I also have a pair of Diadora Hurricanes that are great as well (they were cheap from newenough on eBay.) They are better than the On-roads in one key way: Shin and ankle armor.

I didn't find any Huricanes on E-Bay or on Newenough but I'll check them out. I'll also see if the Duc dealer has any. I definitely need to try before I buy.

Oxtar Matrix...great on and off the bike. Both the wife and I wear em......will be buying another pair when the time comes, but based on the lack of wear so far that will be a while.

Oxtar Matrix...great on and off the bike. Both the wife and I wear em......will be buying another pair when the time comes, but based on the lack of wear so far that will be a while.

Also looks like a nice boot. Do the sizes run small, wide or narrow?

Oxtar Matrix run small in length, about a size smaller. Width seems to fit wide flat footed people like me and high arched narrow foot (buddy has them) as well. Don't ask me how they did that. They are very good boots for the money and all leather.

Bought mine thru Newenough but don't know if they still carry them. Good luck!

I have Oxtar Matrix boots and they have a very narrow toe box - almost 'pointy'. I can only tolerate them for 3-4 hours before having the give my toes a break and have been looking for a boot that is more square up front. Completely water proof though, and comfy through the heal and ankle.

I wear the Sidi On Road Sympatex boots. Comfortable on / off the bike. Like any waterproof boot, they can get hot in extremely hot weather.

I prefer the fit of this boot to the Oxtar Matrix. My feet are on the narrow side. I also run aftermarket insoles in the boots to get adequate arch support.

RonStewart

Whatever you get, throw out the insoles and get some good Dr. Scholl's or similar. Your comfort will be doubled and vibration will be reduced.

I went to buy Oxtar, but they didn't fit well so I went with Sidi with a Gore-Tex-like liner (same as SageRider's?). A bit hot walking around in summer, but I can wear them all day at work.

I've had a couple pair of Oxtar's for the road, and a pair of MX Sidi's. The Oxtars have been pretty good boots, but I'm really impressed with the Sidi's. When my current Oxtar's finally wear out, I'm going to try something else in the Sidi line.

Did they stop making the Sidi Sympatex? Can't find them on their site. Look like nice boots. The Alpinestars we've used for dirt biking and are great boots. Definitely have been happy with them. Thanks for all the input. I'm going to try several brands out tomorrow to see what works best with my foot.

Did they stop making the Sidi Sympatex? Can't find them on their site. Look like nice boots. The Alpinestars we've used for dirt biking and are great boots. Definitely have been happy with them. Thanks for all the input. I'm going to try several brands out tomorrow to see what works best with my foot.

Maybe the Wey (Way) Mega Tepor took the Sympatex place?...I'm riding with Sidi Tepor now and want a more protective boot...This Mega Tepor looks interesting and it is WIDE in the width (claimed) at EEE....That's what I need...Metric Bikes Superstore on the web has them for $170........

Phil...........Redbrick

It looks like the Sypatex has been replaced with Goretex and the boot is now called the On Road Gore

http://www.sidisport.com/eng/motorcycle/art_d.asp?ATp_ID=M02&Art_ID=MVONROADGO

It looks like the Sypatex has been replaced with Goretex and the boot is now called the On Road Gore

http://www.sidisport.com/eng/motorcycle/art_d.asp?ATp_ID=M02&Art_ID=MVONROADGO

Looks like a nice boot. Also looks like it gives a good inch of sole for short riders.

I wear the Prexport 360WP boot. All day comfort for me. Plenty of room in the toe. thumbsup.gif

www.prexportusa.com

Just goes to show how everyone's experience is different, my Prexports (360WP's) were fine comfort wise but the inner liners ripped up pretty quickly, and then they were no longer waterproof.

I just tried both the Prexport (still have em) and Oxtar boots on again and the Prexports are just a touch wider in the toes, but otherwise feel the same mid foot/ankle wise.....both are 42's (size 9 US).

Two years wearing Rev'it Ergo boots. Breathable waterproof liner, a little warm on hot days but wearing two pair of sox (amazingly) helps cool the foot, better sweat distribution or insulation from the engine???) Rev'it uses a heavy leather that takes a week of office wear to break in. Made in Romania and the price isn't too bad for a Euro-made waterproof boot.

I tried out every SIDI I could today. They all fit the same which was quite good for my foot and insole. The two that stood out to me were the Canyon's and the Strada Mega Gore. I liked the Strada best but have not yet purchased. I want to check out some other suggestions that have been given here first. The best boot I tried on today was the SIDI Vertigo Mega Gore. Killer boot but more than my non-Ducati Ridin' feet need... bncry.gif

Slight Thread Jack!!

It's HOT!!! Wearing Oxtar Explorer Gore-Tex now. What's a good ventilated, summer, low cut, boot?

TIA

I tried out every SIDI I could today. They all fit the same which was quite good for my foot and insole. The two that stood out to me were the Canyon's and the Strada Mega Gore. I liked the Strada best but have not yet purchased. I want to check out some other suggestions that have been given here first. The best boot I tried on today was the SIDI Vertigo Mega Gore. Killer boot but more than my non-Ducati Ridin' feet need... bncry.gif

Following this thread and doing some web searching, particularly on Sidi's, I'm going to order a pair of Way Mega Tempor's from Metric Bike Superstore.....Figured the "Mega" means wide (EE) so we'll see how they fit..... grin.gif

Phil.........Redbrick

Matterhorn boots made with the military in mind but waterproof, insulated and padded to make them like walking on air. The walking comfort features also make their comfort on the pegs superb. C'est bon!

I just picked up a pair of Sidi Scorpion low cut summer boots recently from www.newenough.com. (Their '06 Scorpion boots were on close-out for $107.) I've only ridden with the new boots on one longish ride (350 miles, mid 80's temp), but the much lower cut of the boot combined with the added ventilation is a MAJOR relief over my Sidi, Goretex lined, high top boots.

Note: If you get these, don't expect dry feet if it rains. blush.gif

I just picked up a pair of Sidi Scorpion low cut summer boots recently from www.newenough.com. (Their '06 Scorpion boots were on close-out for $107.) I've only ridden with the new boots on one longish ride (350 miles, mid 80's temp), but the much lower cut of the boot combined with the added ventilation is a MAJOR relief over my Sidi, Goretex lined, high top boots.

Note: If you get these, don't expect dry feet if it rains. blush.gif

The Scorpions are really sharp but I do ride in the rain a lot. I definitely need a waterproof boot.

Jerry Johnston

I love my Cruiserworks boots I've been using for the last four years. They're very comfortable, water proof, easy to get on and off plus they don't look like I just got off the race track like some of the boots do.

Aerostich Combat Touring Boots. Harder than blue blazes to break in, but bulletproof.

Mike

Amen to that...I bought a pair four years ago and they are my boot of choice...mainly because I spent so much on them, I still can't afford to buy another brand!

Archived