IGNORED

R12RT windscreen support arms

CopsRT

Well, the prototypes are done and being test fit. They are milled out of a chunk of metal instead of out of the more brittle poured stuff that has been breaking when after market windshields are used. As soon as I have a price per unit (there is a left and a right) I will post the contact info for the maching shop that is making them and those that need them/want stronger can order direct from them. thumbsup.gif

38K miles on my Aeroflow equipped RT and no problems but will still sign up as the screen really moves around in sidewinds and around trucks. Thanks for following up.

Bill

38K miles on my Aeroflow equipped RT and no problems

I thought the same with my Aeroflow equipped R12RT.. Until a thunderstorm wiped out the left arm, and the right broke a day later.. I interested..

TinMan..

Sounds a worthwile purchase. But, out of curiosity, has anyone had the busted arm problem with Z-Technic? My guess is that these larger screens are also putting extra strain on this component.

It was the standard "Touring" size that Bob's BMW used to sell, I believe. I think it's +4 in height and +1 in width. It worked fine, no issues, for a year in all conditions. But I forgot to put it all the way down one time before I went to warp speed, and it broke both arms. It also has caused a secondary issue, slightly tweaking the large base for the windshield, so that the small tabs on the frame don't stay on their mount when the windscreen is all the way down. And when they slide past the mount, it scrapes and crunches those plastic circular bases that it is supposed to rest on. I've tried various things to rebuild those bases (putting metal washers on top), but I've had periodic issues now when going quickly (higher than normal highway speeds) with the windshield pressure pushing that mount past where it is supposed to be and then sitting crooked, and no doubt tweaking the support arms and the support frame itself some more. I noticed that it had broken another one of the arms coming home from Death Valley a few weeks ago, when the screen had pushed itself past that mount again for a while.

Moral of the story: Put the large aftermarket windscreen all the way down before going to warp.

Archived