IGNORED

LT in stealth mode

wrestleantares

wrestleantares

Well, the LT has been converted to full stealth mode. The trunk is off, and the hacked windshield is has replaced the touring shield. It is now in its sportbike disguise.

I hardly recognize the bike off the road, and now that I'm looking over the windshield instead of through it it seems meaner and leaner.

So, I took it out on a spirited jaunt last evening. We headed the back way to 181 (known NOT JUST locally as the 181 speedway). The trip to 181 was on Abingdon Road, Hwy 90 and Brown Mountan Road. All three are decent roads in and of themselves. I mention them here for locals that may know the route I travelled.

I blasted up the mostly deserted speedway. It was great fun, and I really felt myself in the groove. The LT is a great bike, but I have to admit I wished I was doing the same trip on a smaller lighter bike. The speedway was smooth and clear.

I connected with the Blue Ridge Parkway and blasted through the viaduct portion on my way North to Blowing Rock. I connected in Blowing Rock area with 321 and headed south to home. 321 is generally a good motorcycle road, but it is not anymore. Construction is widening it (good thing - and they are not straightening it any)and the road is currently a mess. Big trucks and machinery have torn it up and it has large sections covered with dirt.

It was a fun little circuit. I haven't ridden it in awhile. Usually I come home from Sunday service on the Parkway, but go straight to Blowing Rock. I skip the 181.

The new stealth windshield - $10.00 at the salvage yard - I was cutting it up anyway.

wrestleantares

A Ninja it isn't,

but as stealthy as the Redneck LT gets...

100_1463.jpg

Still have to round the shield a bit and smooth out the edges. I just wanted to get the height right first.

wrestleantares

Maybe in a couple of years I'll get a Sprint ST.

Sooner if a wrecked one turns up.

Bill Neander

I have had some trunkless LTs pass me out on the coast. That must change the character of the bike.

Archived