IGNORED

Crashed

Beagler

Hi all. Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm doing OK after crashing on the Triumph. I was on my way home from camping at Mendicino Lake, CA on the 13th when it happened. 7 broken ribs, bleeding spleen (is getting better so looks like it won't have to come out). Thank God no spinal or nerve injuries. Had on a fully padded leather riding suit that saved me from road rash and more broken bones. 8 days in Santa Rosa Trauma Center but am home now. A lot of pain from the ribs but am recovering. The Triumph didn't do too good, was totaled. I still have my 96 RT so in a few months I'll be back on two wheels. I'm getting well taking care of by my wife Sharon and my Son Nate so hope to make a quick recovery (ribs do take a while though). Sorry that I missed Torrey as I was really looking forward to it. Will be there at the fall Trip.

BeniciaRT_GT

DANG Steven!!!

I'm glad you are recovering well and will be fully okay when you finish healing!

My advice, stay away from the board for now, or they will make you re-injure your ribs. There are some real funny bastages around these parts!!!

Take care,

I'm glad this is a "bad news"/"good news" post and not just the former.

Hope you heal quickly and get back on two wheels.

Best wishes.

Sorry to hear about this. At least you're finally able to post about it...although it did take you quite a while to get around to it.

wink.giftongue.gif

Heal up quick!

Lineareagle

Sorry to hear about your injuries and bike destruction.

Heal well.

Me, I am still no weight bearing so understand the in bed syndrome. crazy.gif

Any words of wisdom on avoiding a similar incident?

Hi Steven,

Been there..... Done that..... Most of us know that feeling.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to meet you on our next gathering.

Live to ride,

wave.gif Gery

You're right ... plan on getting back on a bike. After 4 broken bones (2 & 2) in 18 months from sports injuries, I found out Crap Happens no matter what you're doing. So, it ain't just motorcycling that's dangerous!

My best wished for a full and quick recovery!

Crazy_Canuck

Steve I am sorry to hear about your mishap. I am glad you are relatively unscathed. I remember riding with that sparlking bright red Triumph of yours from DVD. Bummer.

Firefight911

Oh crap!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are OK. Better the bike than you!!!

Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to help while you are on your back.

Steven,

Sorry to hear about your accident.

Glad you are doing OK after some pretty serious injuries.

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

AdventurePoser

Steven,

Wow! I am sure glad you escaped with "somewhat" less serious injuries! Heal up soon my friend!

Steve in So Cal

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Wow. No good man. Do all that your Dr. tells you and have a speedy recovery.

• 2 weeks later...
Crazy_Canuck

Has anyone heard from Beagler since his crash? I was wondering how he was doing?

I sent some PM's but got no response. confused.gif

I’m alive and well. Am healing as well as can be expected. Ribs take a while (6 or 8 weeks). Spleen is fine, just have to be careful with it for awhile. My arm was bruised about as bad as can be without being broken (my Joe Rocket leather suit saved me from more serious injury).

As for how it happened , am not sure. Can’t remember even though I had no head injuries.

Steve, just read this thread. Wow, sorry to hear about this, but am so glad you are on the mend. Hoping you heal 100% and will be riding again soon.

Steve, just read this thread. Wow, sorry to hear about this, but am so glad you are on the mend. Hoping you heal 100% and will be riding again soon.

+1 Heal quickly!

tRIUMPH'S Never Crash..!

Dewd...you were the only other one -- Sprint ST that is...

Now get healed up and ride - son.!

I hope you heal quickly and are not in much pain. Best wishes for a complete recovery. If you feel pain too much, it's time to have the doctor upgrade your meds.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd post an update. Went back to work last Monday, I work for the State of California as an electrician. Am not 100% so they have me on a limited duty assignment. Was a long week but better than expected. Still have some pain from the ribs and arm but is getting better. Being up and moving has help a lot. Should be back on 2 wheels soon, maybe next week. Thanks for all the kind words and support.

Great news! (At least from a health and financial view point... Work on the other hand probably beats going stir-crazy at home!)

AdventurePoser

Steven,

So glad you weren't hurt any worse. It looks like your gear did what it needed to do to help keep you safe.

Rest up, heal up, and I'll look for you on the road sooner rather than later, my friend.

Steve in So Cal

Paul_Burkett

Wow, this is bitter sweet, bad news about the accident, but to hear that you are back to work so soon is great. Heal well Steven and get back in the saddle, you have the whole summer in front of you. clap.gif

Archived