IGNORED

Bmweerman Tuesday Update

bmweerman

Tuesday AM

I'm exhausted this morning. Emotionally and physically it's so hard to keep this up. I made myself stay in bed an extra hour this morning, didn't sleep but tried to rest just the same.

Cameron's infection has gotten worse, actually another strain has shown up. They've scheduled him for a tracheostomy at 5:00. They're doing it in a surgical setting, instead of in his room, because they want to be able to handle anything that may come up. It'll make it easier to suction him and will get at least one tube out of his nose. He also has a raging sinus infection that has been aggrivated by all the tubes. They'll probably switch his feeding tube to a smaller diameter one while they're at it so this will further reduce the impact on his sinuses. He still has a lot of swelling around his neck, with some bruising beginning to emerge. We're both worn out and frustrated and just want to go home. Hopefully, he'll be more comfortable after the procedure this evening. His doctor just spoke to me about the procedure and says he doesn't see him coming off the ventilator any time soon. He also says he likes Cameron's chances. That scares me. They originally said last week that he was expected to make a full recovery, and now it's changed.

I'm going to take a drive this afternoon so I can get away from here for awhile. Maybe do some photography so I can concentrate on something else for a change. I despirately need to recharge.

Tuesday PM

What a day. I feel much better now, though I didn't get the opportunity to escape like I wanted to. I lost a filling last night so I decided to go to the nearby Walmart (unfortunately the closest thing to a pharmacy around here) a pick up some filling material to hold it till we get home. While there I decided I might as well do my grocery shopping (it's one of those mega Walmarts) since we'll be here a while. Between that and several phone calls, there wasn't time for a more adventurous trip. I didn't want to be too far away when they did the trachiostomy, in case they needed to talk with me.

According to the doctor, the procedure went off without a hitch and the cosmetic surgeon wants to wait and let his nose heal more before messing with it. So, he's now resting quietly with a new breathing method. They were also able to suck out a lot of gunk, now that there's a more direct path the lungs. I was surprised to have him smiling at me when he saw me next to him. I expected him to be pretty miserable after just having his throat cut open, but having the tube out of his nose seems to outweigh the new discomfort.

I asked the doctor about his earlier remark and he said it's never 100% when there's so much infection involved, but he feels we've gained an upper hand on it now so we'll just keep hitting it with the antibiotics and suction and go one day at a time. He was reassuring and supportive. Thanks for the advice.

I'll try to make it farther away from the hospital tomorrow, I still need a good escape, but tonight's little victory will do me for now.

I'll keep you guys posted, again, thank you so much for the support, it means so much to me.

Firefight911

We are there with you!

Thanks for the updates.

Prayers continuing uninterrupted.

We are there with you!

Thanks for the updates.

Prayers continuing uninterrupted.

My feelings exactly!

Patti,

I wanted to let you know that I would like to organize (loosely as it's my style)

a group gathering when you two get back home and Cameron is comfotably able to receive visitors.

I believe it would be a good spirit lifting for Cameron.

So as time progresses and both of you are feeling better at home just shoot me a message and I can Guarantee as sizable turn out just to visit with you two on a weekend afternoon! clap.gif

I want to echo the sentiments about continued prayers for both of you.

I read your posts everyday and the gravity of the situation and it's toll is readily apparent. It's truly frustrating being so far away and unable to do anything to offer relief. Hopefully there is at least some comfort knowing that a bunch of people are reading your words, sympathizing, and pulling for you both.

I want to echo the sentiments about continued prayers for both of you.

Ditto. God Bless you and Cameron. It's easy to let fear and stress overwhelm you. Focus on the positives. Cameron's been in a pretty bad accident, yet God gave him the grace to survive to live another day, and he's healing. There's a lot to be thankful for in all this. He may have some ups and downs before he's back home, but providence is already in his favor.

Again, God Bless you both.

- Scott

I admire your strength, love, and commitment. I'm sure these are some of the reasons Cameron smiled.

The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

32nd president of US (1882 - 1945)

Every hurdle is an important one. My thoughts are with you two. Keep strong but take care of yourself, too. wave.gif

Thanks for keeping us updated, wish there were some of us nearby to take you for some food, but I'm glad you're taking care of some of the mundane pieces (ie: Walmart!) amongst all this.

Our thoughts are with you.

A smile is always good,

S

I don't post a reply everyday but I am following along and am SO thinking about you and the Rushster. Thank you for taking the time to keep his other family here updated.

I don't post a reply everyday but I am following along and am SO thinking about you and the Rushster. Thank you for taking the time to keep his other family here updated.

+1. Still sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. It will get better, it just may take some time to get there.

Patti,

Your telling about Cameron smiling at you brings tears to my eyes. Bless your heart for all you're doing and for all the two of you are going through. I'm glad the hospital seems to be doing good for Cameron and that the staff is taking good care of him.

What would he do without you? I'll echo the advice given by so many others. DO get out for some distraction: photos, a movie, lunch, whatever. I believe among the best things you can do for Cam right now is to take care of yourself.

Don't forget your friends and family here in BF. If you need anything, be sure to email. I'm out of town tomorrow but back on Sunday. You have my cell number.

Get rest and know that you cradled in the thoughts and prayers of so many people who care deeply about you both.

+1. Still sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. It will get better, it just may take some time to get there.

+2

His smiling is letting you know he is doing ok.

Let him know we are all thinking of him.

Archived