IGNORED

HyperPro Fork Springs

Softtail

HyperPro makes a set of performance springs for BMW front forks. I am having HyperPro front and rear shocks installed on my RT by Big Twin BMW in Boise ID. So as to save a few bucks, I thought I would take a crack at the fork spring job myself. How hard can that be?? <<Softtail>> grin.gif

russell_bynum
HyperPro makes a set of performance springs for BMW front forks. I am having HyperPro front and rear shocks installed on my RT by Big Twin BMW in Boise ID. So as to save a few bucks, I thought I would take a crack at the fork spring job myself. How hard can that be?? <<Softtail>> grin.gif

Considering that there are no fork springs in a Telelever BMW, it's a very easy job. smile.gif

The forks on a Telelever bike are just there to attach the front wheel to the handlebars. There's no springs in there. There is oil, but it is just there to lubricate the sliders and doesn't provide any damping function like conventional forks.

HyperPro makes a set of performance springs for BMW front forks.
Well curiosity got the best of me, so I went out to their site, and sure enough, they are listed for R11XXxx bikes. Considering, as Russell said, there is no such thing as fork springs on these bikes, what can this possibly be???

Very weird.

russell_bynum
HyperPro makes a set of performance springs for BMW front forks.
Well curiosity got the best of me, so I went out to their site, and sure enough, they are listed for R11XXxx bikes. Considering, as Russell said, there is no such thing as fork springs on these bikes, what can this possibly be???

Very weird.

That's awseome! Someone should order these, then call their support number asking questions about installation. lmao.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Could be that they just offer differing rate springs for the front shock as well.

Hyperpro is on the short list of suppliers I am looking at for front springs and a rear shock for my CBR1100XX. They are well regarded in Europe with some debate about their penchant for progressive rate springs going on.

Me thinks there web page is just wrong.

If you click on Springs and select BMW R1100RT you get

Product type : Forkspring kit

Ordernumber : SP-BM11-SSN005

Supported bike : BMW R1100 RT 95> COMBIKIT 2 * MONO

with this image

forkkit.jpg

Archived