IGNORED

New Nolan

Wyn

Well after much thought, research, and proper fit I picked up my Nolan N-Com 102.

Great price from the guys here at Cycle Gear in Tampa. Thanks!

Perhaps someday I'll pick up the system for phone and passenger communication. I originally was going to get the XLite 1002 but tried each size and none of them fit. The N-Com fits perfectly. Really nice helmet, quiet, has two inch sun visor. Down for sun, up for dark. No need to switch shields. Sweeeeet!!!!! clap.gif

Congrats. I have the same helmet minus the N-com (which, I guess means I don't really have the same helmet). Regardless, I really like my N102.

Do you guys use the fog resistant sheild that came with it?
Yes. It works great. You need to take off the main shield in order to install it.
Paul Mihalka

ISYHTRAH

YES! One of the best things of the Nolan package.
I just switched from the Nolan 100E to the 102. The 102 is MUCH quieter!

damn, if I knew that, I would have bought a new helmet rather than replace the face shield.

You get a lot less wind noise?

ISYHTRAH

YES! One of the best things of the Nolan package.

+1 thumbsup.gif

I have owned (worn out) two previous N100's. The N102 fits me better, and the wind noise is noticeably less bothersome. I still haven't made a final decision on the VPS thing. It doesn't seem to get in my way, but I haven't used it much either. I can't speak to the anti fog set up, fogging isn't much of a problem here in CO. There are several little things that make the N102 a step up from the N100. The whole bottom (the part that it sits on when sitting on a table) of the hemlet is plastic. The N100 was fabric on the bottom. The fabric on bottom of both my N1000's wore through to the foam. The area available for electronics is much larger. Makes it much easier to install speakers and wires. The vents seem to move more air that the N100 did. I like this helmet.

I recently did a 900 mile weekend with my new N-102. Big improvement over my HJC. I can ride with my windshield considerably lower and still have quiet. The HJC was very noisy in crosswinds not so with the Nolan.

The Nolan ventilation is considerably better. The VPS took a little getting used to but I am liking it.

I was a little disappointed with visual clarity of the faceshield, seemed a little hazy or smoglike to me, has anyone else experienced this?? Maybe I need to do better cleaning or treat with plexus???

I am impatiently waiting for my basic kit and bluetooth setup which had to be spaecial ordered. Over a week now and still not here.

I just looked at the N102 and saw "Double D-Ring Retention System" They did away with the ratcheting chin strap?

I just looked at the N102 and saw "Double D-Ring Retention System" They did away with the ratcheting chin strap?

I don't think so, mine has the ratcheting chin strap. Another great feature!

I find no instructions for installing the fog sheild. Should there be one?

ISYHTRAH

Paul Mihalka

My new N102 is fresh from the distribuitor. It has the ratcheting chin strap. It came with instructions for the fog shield. If there is a problem, let me know.

I think the online seller (extremesupply) screwed up the description.

I have gotten used to the 'microlock' that I dont thinkI can do without it grin.gif

Maybe I'll buy the N102 next year. My helmet is only a year old anyway (N100E).

Crazy_Canuck

+2 on the Nolan N102. Dont use Plexus on the antifog lens it will make it unclear trust me I know. Just used it for 2000 miles riding to Torrey and back and it worked great.

Note I still use sunglasses with the helmet because the VPS alone isnt good enough, but when the sun is directly in the eyes the VPS in combination with sunglasses works great.

I just got one too and it's great! I think it's quieter and I'm using the N-Com wired feature for music and passenger communication.

I just got one too and it's great! I think it's quieter and I'm using the N-Com wired feature for music and passenger communication.

Paul, Where are you? I'm in Tampa. Are you nearby? If so, lets ride!! wave.gif

Archived