IGNORED

Moki Dugway

johnlt

We rode Moki Dugway both on the way to Torrey and coming home. It is really impressive.

This first shot is of the road heading to the start of the climb. You can stare all day long and not see the road as it switchbacks up the cliff just in front of the road you can see:

154912733-L.jpg

Here is an example of the "exposure" you get. No guard rails and tight switch backs:

154910412-L.jpg

and that same area with Rich doing the climb:

154910444-L.jpg

and the section of the road near the top:

154910476-L.jpg

This was very impressive and I'll do it again. Enjoy,

Rocket_Cowboy

Thanks for the pictures John. I rode the Dugway on the way to Torrey, but didn't take any pictures along the way ... there was a good bit of traffic on it.

Not having ANY offroad experience at all before this trip, it was an experience for me.

Say ... do you have these in a higher res format I could get from you?

Sure Charlie, I took all of them at 8Meg but decimated them for SmugMug. Send me a PM with your email and I'll forward.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Say ... do you have these in a higher res format I could get from you?

Ditto here Pal! Great shots!

russell_bynum
Thanks for the pics, looks like a scary ride.

Nah...it's no biggie. You just go slow, take your time, and enjoy the view (which is spectacular).

We did the Escalante staircase last year I think 12 out of Boulder Utah. I loved it but my riding partner Denise says never again. She's scared of heights and the Moki Dugway looks like it would be an impossible ride for her.

russell_bynum
We did the Escalante staircase last year I think 12 out of Boulder Utah. I loved it but my riding partner Denise says never again. She's scared of heights and the Moki Dugway looks like it would be an impossible ride for her.

Good call. If 12 freaked her out, the dugway is a definite no-go.

Archived