IGNORED

Pictures of the Gleno Ride

azkaisr

Well it only took 4 hours to upload 305 pictures to the Smugmug website of the shots I took around the Saturday event for Gleno. I wanted to have them all up so those that want can search to see if I captured their moto in the procession. It was a moving day for me and want to ensure we all can remember not only the service but what it means to be a member of this great extended family.

154791749-L.jpg

Fernando Leading the group down Highway 72 in Fremont Utah

154813720-L.jpg

Bikes along the road

154809599-L.jpg

A solemn mission

154816900-L.jpg

For a noble purpose

154817083-L.jpg

154819094-L.jpg

Roger and Fernando placing the sign

154830538-L.jpg

Paying tribute one more time.

154834302-L.jpg

What a great group to be associated with

154844990-L.jpg

Heck making his way after the service

154860592-L.jpg

More riders heading off to do what Gleno loved most about the area.

154872812-L.jpg

One of many shots of people coming down the road. 4 cameras total captured the moment.

154832387-L.jpg

Goodbye my Friend..

I will be putting together a video and posting it up in the coming days.

The entire stills can be found here Gleno Photos on Smugmug

Thanks All Kaisr

Firefight911

Thanks from those of us that could not be there. What an amazing service. We are so sad that we were not able to make it. Thanks again! thumbsup.gifbncry.gif

A very nice tribute and excellent pictures. Thanks for sharing the moment. One question keeps coming to mind though: why is the "Mt. Gleno" sign behind a rock?

A very nice tribute and excellent pictures. Thanks for sharing the moment. One question keeps coming to mind though: why is the "Mt. Gleno" sign behind a rock?

The thought is to not have it taken by those who don't get the meaning.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

ashleybiker

Nice job!

Did anyone record the GPS coordinates where the signs are located? I would like to have them. I may have an opportunity to visit later this year. Not having been in that location I am not familiar with the area. Thanks!

The thought is to not have it taken by those who don't get the meaning.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Exactly. When Rodger (Signman) came up with the idea, we discussed it, and the decision was made that the Gleno McIntosh Summit sign would be bolted to the standing wooden kiosk at the turnout near the top of UT-72. We realized that it's possible that the state workers who maintain this highway might someday find the sign and remove it. It's a chance we were willing to take.

However, with the Mt. Gleno sign, we were hoping for a bit more longevity. So we walked down the hill and pounded the sign's stake into the ground behind a rock such that people using the turnout would not see it. However, those of us who know it's there will be able to visit it, and relive the rememberance of our friend.

I don't know if anyone got the GPS coordinates, but if you get to the turnout and place your back to the wooden kiosk and face toward the valley to the east, the Mt. Gleno sign is about 30 yards down the slope at about 1 o'clock.

If the first sign disappears, it will not be replaced. However, the Mt. Gleno sign will be maintained, cleaned, even replaced if needed, for as long as we all ride the area. He loved that road and we love and miss him.

This post, while solemn, made me laugh. I'm imagining what Gleno would have made of all the fuss. Many of my imagined responses...make me laugh.

Miss ya Gleno.

This post, while solemn, made me laugh. I'm imagining what Gleno would have made of all the fuss. Many of my imagined responses...make me laugh.

Miss ya Gleno.

True dat, Michael... +1. Thanks for the reminder. thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum

Miss ya Gleno.

Yep. Riding up 72 in perfect staggered formation at 75mph I just knew he'd be shaking his head and yakking om the FRS that we're a bunch of little old ladies. eek.gif

Sammy and I more than made up for that when we switched bikes and took off down 72 and Fish Lake at warp speed. I remember coming into a turn, seeing the posted speed sign "25mph" and glancing down at the Speed Triple's speedo just before I dipped it in: 77mph. thumbsup.gif

Yep. Riding up 72 in perfect staggered formation at 75mph I just knew he'd be shaking his head and yakking om the FRS that we're a bunch of little old ladies. eek.gif

Puhleeze, you mo fracker. He would have had more choice words for you than little ole ladies... smile.gif

Oh and yes...77 in a 25 on a Speed Triple is ironically delicious and naughty.

Good thing it wasn't a 50 mph or you would have been doing 150. Oh wait, I know you would have had that covered as well. LOL

russell_bynum

Puhleeze, you mo fracker. He would have had more choice words for you than little ole ladies... smile.gif

You mean, something like "You suck the farts out of dead chickens." lmao.gif

Great pics, thanks for posting them Tom.

I put a GPS waypoint at the turnout:

N38 35.009'

W111 28.650'

Thanks, the SinCity Sportbikes club was asking exactly where it was. I tried describing the location, but your GPS Coords are better so I passed that on to them as well so they can find it.

We had snow down to 9000 feet on Tuesday night so I thought I'd go and see what it was like on Mt Gleno, no snow there but it was a bit clearer than on Saturday. The sign is so close to the rock it's hard to take good pictures with the sign in them.

img_1568_800.jpg

img_1564_1000.jpg

wONDERFUL sTUFF - tOMMY.!

Thanks for posting it and taking time for all of us to enjoy it.!

It was a marvelous weekend.

Blessings:

Archived