IGNORED

Brown motorcycle boots?

photojournalyst

photojournalyst

Ok, I ride a lot, to and from work every day. Working as a photojournalist, this means that I ride to three or four different locations every day, and I have to be presentable. I wear full gear when riding, including boots, but here's the problem. The boots I wear now are the very nice BMW Rider's Boot, a black leather chelsea style boot that unless you are a rider, don't look like a motorcycle boot.

The problem is that I also need a brown boot to look professional with other types of clothing. Taking off the other riding gear and stowing it into a bag is not a big deal, but changing shoes is a bit problematic. Surely, somebody somewhere makes a brown leather motorcycle boot that isn't some Harley Davidson harness boot?

Any help from anybody? I'd be very gratefull! I wear a euro 42.

Well what I wear sometimes is the "Roper" style boots made by Justin and several other boot makers. Comes in many colors and leathers. The exotic leathers won't hold up very well. You can sometimes find them with rubber soles or possibly have them custom make you a set with rubber soles, otherwise the soles are leather.

Hey checkout the UGG Beacon boot.. Sheepskin lined, winter great and summer without socks also great.. Brown and or Black.. revdoc

g25918.jpg

These boots rock and if you have pants that cover the straps are pretty tame. Do a search for Thor Racing 50/50 Boots

Kaisr

photojournalyst

Wow, so many responses. This is the type of shoe/boot that I usually wear here and I know that various companies from Doc Martin and such have made this style boot with a rubber sole. The type of boot it when made with a rubber sole generally has a nice thick leather. Not workboot thick, but not exotic and thin either. Then all it would need would be some ankle protection and reinforcement for the left foot at the shifter.

That's pretty much what I have with the BWM Rider boot. But that's discontinued and was never made in brown (that I know of). Many of the other boots look nice, but I need something more dressy. But it looks like thus far you guys have found about the same as I have.

Herm. Any other thoughts out there?

Being that I have a horse (my avatar is from a picture of the San Fernando Valley, taken while in the saddle on Rocco) and a Motorcycle and have to ride (the MC) to meetings and the office after Ive spent the morning out in the dirt and mud...

I wear boots from a company called ARIAT.

They make all sorts of things, but they make legendary footwear. It is incredibly well made and unbelieveably comfy. And simple in the design. The boot i wear is a waterproof, very thick soled "work" boot. The leather is thick, and high over the ankle and the boot doesn't look like a space boot.

36581P.jpg

Heres the link: Ariat Boot

I have a pair of those too! Thats normally what I ride Rocco wearing! Those boots are the most comfy boots Ive ever worn. BAR NONE. yeah man.

90RedRider

Try Bates Leather. As well as pants and jackets they make custom boots. Have several styles . Sure they could do a brown leather boot for you.

I also need a brown boot to look professional with other types of clothing. Surely, somebody somewhere makes a brown leather motorcycle boot that isn't some Harley Davidson harness boot?

I've been thinking about getting Chippewa Rally boots for a while now. The ones I usually see are black but they also come in brown bison leather.

Not sure where you can buy them at but here's a picture.

863666-bison_rally.JPG

863666-bison_rally.JPG.8b357fe3a6903c9f371e587d404168e3.JPG

Go to this LINK and scroll down to the Dallas boot. It may be what you are looking for. They are hand crafted in Italy and priced as such. But they are brown and look good.

I wear boots from a company called ARIAT.

They make all sorts of things, but they make legendary footwear. It is incredibly well made and unbelieveably comfy. And simple in the design. The boot i wear is a waterproof, very thick soled "work" boot. The leather is thick, and high over the ankle and the boot doesn't look like a space boot.

+1 for Ariat roper boots..Really comfortable tough boots and come in very wide widths if needed thumbsup.gif....I wear them when riding around town but prefer a little more protection in a riding boot...Personal preference.....

Phil........Redbrick

photojournalyst
I have a pair of BMW Ranger boots in black and brown. They are nice looking with slacks and are true motorcycle boots.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/motorcycle-accessories-misc/bmw-ranger-boots/reviews/

So many good ideas! I think the ranger boots might be 'the one' but I love the ariats as well. The dallas is nice looking, but $600 is a bit heavy for me.

Now I just have to find the ranger, if it's findable...

Thanks so much board!

I have the boots but not the jacket. It seems as if all leather mc jackets are black or squid jackets. I like the old BMW Canyon jackets but they are hard to find. Any ideas?

Archived