Fair Price R1200RT

gasser

What is a fair price for a used R1200RT? Buying price and selling price? Save me the "Buy low; sell high" rhetoric. lurker.gif

Fair question. 6,000 miles. 6k service complete. New front and rear tire. Heated grips and seats. Extra seat. Hyper lites. Painted to match BMW top case. BMW tank bag. Cruise control. Extra factory key.

KBB retail value for a base 05 is $14.8. Private sale, I'd ask for $16,000 for an 05 and an additional $1000 for an 06. I would expect some downward negotiation from the asking price.

GoGo Gadget
KBB retail value for a base 05 is $14.8. Private sale, I'd ask for $16,000 for an 05 and an additional $1000 for an 06. I would expect some downward negotiation from the asking price.

I paid less than that for an '07 fresh out of the crate. :D

GoGo Gadget
You paid less than $16,000 new?

Where can I get one?

$16,000 for 05

+$1,000 for 06

----------------

= $17,000

I meant I paid less than that for my new 07.

$16,380 so almost less than $16k

And did yours have these extras? "Extra seat. Hyper lites. Painted to match BMW top case. BMW tank bag. Extra factory key." Plus, probably had the 600 mile service completed, or paid for? If so, fantastic deal! clap.gif

You paid less than $16,000 new?

Where can I get one?

$16,000 for 05

+$1,000 for 06

----------------

= $17,000

I meant I paid less than that for my new 07.

$16,380 so almost less than $16k

johncarves

GEEEZZZZ... I must be losing money confused.gif, but I'm selling bikes.

Sold several '05 & 06's lately in the $14k - $15K range.

The last one was an '05, 14k miles, russell saddle, motolites, heated grips, cruise control, ESA, 3 windshields,

priority brake lights and I install a new rear tire for nada. $14,500. He was a regular customer who had bought a couple of bikes before.

$16k should be a '06 with very low mileage. at least. clap.gif

Touring Sport BMW

Lone_RT_rider
GEEEZZZZ... I must be losing money confused.gif, but I'm selling bikes.

Sold several '05 & 06's lately in the $14k - $15K range.

The last one was an '05, 14k miles, russell saddle, motolites, heated grips, cruise control, ESA, 3 windshields,

priority brake lights and I install a new rear tire for nada. $14,500. He was a regular customer who had bought a couple of bikes before.

$16k should be a '06 with very low mileage. at least. clap.gif

Touring Sport BMW

Hi John! Good to see you posting. smile.gif

What can you do on a two bike trade in? LOL.

Shawn

GoGo Gadget
And did yours have these extras? "Extra seat. Hyper lites. Painted to match BMW top case. BMW tank bag. Extra factory key." Plus, probably had the 600 mile service completed, or paid for? If so, fantastic deal! clap.gif

No, I would be very upset with the dealer if he performed the 600 mile service when the bike only had 3 miles on it. As a habit,I prefer to have that service done around the 600 mile mark, plus or minus 100 miles. 597 miles under may be a bit out of the acceptable range, but who knows. It might work better that way.

johncarves

that was $14,500 + 420.00 tax, tag & title.

I did a two bike deal last week, took a '06 R12GS & a '07 Ducati 695 + about $6k for a new K12GT. ($21,000 bike)

Lone_RT_rider
that was $14,500 + 420.00 tax, tag & title.

I did a two bike deal last week, took a '06 R12GS & a '07 Ducati 695 + about $6k for a new K12GT. ($21,000 bike)

Man, those bikes are still wet behind the ears! You probably would't want my poor old bikes... crazy.gif

Shawn

Archived