IGNORED

Spring Torrey Check-In

flyingreg

Thought I would get this on the board seein' how I had some free time today. Please post here when you arrive home so family, friends and riding partners will know you have made it home safe and sound.

BruceLaQuinta

Just rolled in 30 minutes ago. Great seeing everyone again, and especially nice meeting so many new people. Hope to see you down the road...

bakerzdosen

Amy and I rolled in a few minutes ago. It was a great weekend and we really enjoyed seeing everyone (and meeting a few people I hadn't met before).

I'll work on a ride tale soon.

Amy liked it so much that you'll probably see her on here soon.

Made it back just fine. What a wonderful place. Great to see so many new people, laugh really hard with my best friends, and thank you Killer. There I said it.

I will be posting some ride tales and pictures later tonight.

Tom

Well, I wasn't expecting to get here so soon, but I'm home.

Thank you to Teresa for a memorable pre-Torrey BBQ. Thank you also for allowing me the honor of visiting Gleno's grave.

Thanks to Killer and all friends both old and new for a wonderful Torrey experience.

Bheckel169

255 miles to Northern Utah and back home safely. My thanks to Todd and Real from the San Jose area who were so nice to welcome me on their rides to the Burr Trail and Arches. Improved my riding a bunch, picked up more confidence and enjoyed every minute of it. Didn't meet as many people as I would have liked. I know as newbies we were to introduce ourselves and I did a lot but there were quite a few people who kind of bunched up in little cliques and didn't seem to have the time to circulate and introduce themselves. So it goes.

I'd have liked a small orientation of the roads for newbies, and maybe a few people who knew those roads to volunteer to lead some rides for people who haven't been there before.

Of course, this could be a moot point and we may never have as many folks show up again, but if we do I hope someone who's been around a bit, could help in this way. I know of many new riders who rode alone all weekend and it wasn't because they didn't socialize or introduce themselves. No one asked if they had a ride plan or if they would like to join them.

This is such a special place and great roads, I hope folks that read this will take it as merely a suggestion and not a criticism of anyone or anything regarding Torrey.

Bruce

Arrived about an hour and a half ago. Had planned on staying through tomorrow, but heard the weather could have been a factor so decided to jet out today.

It was great to see everyone again and meet all of the new faces. wave.gif Too bad we couldn't have a full week of this <sigh>. smirk.gif

Until next time..... thumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash

Home.

Left Torrey at 6:45 am MST with Greg (Limecreek) and Eric (Foerster). Our plan was to keep our speed no greater than 85 mph in order to let Greg nurse home a quickly wearing out rear tire. We were doing pretty well until we reached the red rock canyon on US 95. It was too tempting to wick it up, and we didn't hold back. We almost turned off at the Hite Marina overlook, but my RT would have none of that, and it just kept flying down the hill. The devil must have tempted Eric, cause he flew past me a ??? mph. When the three of us stopped at Mokee Dugway, Eric's tire looked like he had just finished a track day, and now both his and Greg's rear tires looked a good bit worn. We parted company at Mexican Hat, them heading east, me south. The rest of the ride was uneventful. Rolled into Scottsdale at 3:55 pm MST, 9 hours 10 minutes after leaving Torrey.

This was one of my best Torrey's in a while. Excellent riding, both the roads and the company, got to see some old friends who I hadn't seen for awhile, and met some new ones.

This was one of my best Torrey's in a while.

Oh gee, so the one I don't get to go to is your best Torrey?! Thanks, Howard, I thought you were my friend... tongue.gifgrin.gif And where, exactly, was my happy birthday call? I am not feeling the love, gotta say... tongue.gifsmile.gif

Well, I'm sitting here in paradise, but I'm pouting. Wish I could have been there.

Glad everyone had fun. Love that place. Glad I could make the BBQ at Teri's.

OK Christine, if I couldn't be there, I at least want pix...let's see the beautiful photos!! thumbsup.gif

The wife and I made it back home safe and sound-- a great ride, a great weekend-- as always with this bunch at Torrey--

I'm ready for the next one already!

Someond found a blue earplug in front of the store at the Chuck Wagon and gave it to me--- If somebody lost one and can tell me which ear it will fit, I'll be glad to send it to them.

Hope everyone else makes it home OK also!

Just rolled in 30 minutes ago. Great seeing everyone again, and especially nice meeting so many new people. Hope to see you down the road...

Bruce,

I think I saw you turn off onto 72 on the way out of town this morning around 7:15. Going to take another look at Gleno's Summit?

It sure was nice to see all those old friends and acquaintances from years past, and to meet and make some new ones. Ride well and get home safe and sound y'all. This means you, Leslie!

I got home almost an hour ago. 12:15 door to door. My best time yet for returning from Torrey. I think I'll try not to improve upon that time. The family was surprised and happy to see me so soon.

I'm glad the mighty GS held together for the express trip home after getting bounced off the trail so many times yesterday. I need a bit more practice in the dirt I think before I try those trails again.

Left Torrey this morning at 0700 and pulled in to home southeast of Tucson at 1845. Good weather and great views all the way. Thanks to all for a really spectacular event. Already made reservations for the fall. Thanks again.

john

Home at 8pm. 13 hrs of mostly pleasant riding with luck going overboard to my favor, mostly in traffic being so well behaved or easily overcome. Mr. Valentine’s work was appreciated.

Tip. Should you see a huge puff of dust arising from around a bend on a mountain slope, remember that rock slides create such a cloud.

Thanks to everyone.

ericfoerster

cause he flew past me a ??? mph

85.2 mph according to the gps grin.gif

Greg and I are in Roswell tonight and have an easy ride in the morning. I had a blast and talking with Greg over dinner, he did too. Not enough time spent with the crew and the weekend flew by. Nice to meet some new folks and hug the old friends too. I can't wait to do it again.

Debi and I left torrey at high noon and pulled into SLC at 3:15pm.

Had a good time, can't wait until September to do it again. Glad I was able to "Honor the call".

Regards,

Miley and I made it home safe, 12:06am on Sunday morning!!

Only had one encounter with a State Trooper in Nevada... ugh, but Miley sweet talked him down 10mph with one big lick. In Gleno's honor... I pee'd on the side of every road I could find!!

We had a fun time reuniting with so many wonderful people, always wishing we could have stayed longer and hung out with more people... maybe next time!!

Thanks to everyone - Miley met a ton of new friends. We appreciate all the waves that came our way, even though we were hanging out in the red roller skate. It really made a huge difference to our trip!!

A trip report will definitely come soon.

kris

Here is my official check-in. Rolled into the driveway a lot earlier than I expected - the clock on the K12 clicked over to 10:00pm. just as the garage door was going up, with the whole crew waiting to welcome the weary traveller. smile.gif

Feeling pretty good for an all-day moto... Torrey to the Toolshed = just a skosh under 800 miles on the odo. I'll get more eloquent after I decompress and wipe off some of these doggie-kisses I'm wearing.... I feel like a glazed donut!! cool.gif

wave.gif

Rocket_Cowboy

I rolled into San Jose right at 8:30pm PDT. Not exactly home, but it was my scheduled destination. An easy ~850 mile day through Nevada and Northern California.

Like Eric and Greg, my tires seems to have held up ... the rear looks like a racing slick as I've worn past the wear bars, but no cord showing yet ... the front is to the wear bars and starting to crack? They won't get me home, but hopefully the guys as San Jose BMW can hook me up before I need to head out.

Left Torrey early Sunday morning and got home safely in San Diego Sunday @ 2:59 PM. Thanks to all who made this gathering a hearty and wonderfull turn-out...

See you all on Torrey XIV.

D' Little Man,

Gery

Left Torrey at 5:20am Pacific rolling into Vancouver, Wa. at 8:40pm. An un-offical Iron Butt of 1004 miles with all the receipts but no signatures frown.gif

My first Torrey and it was a blast thanks to you all smile.gif I can't wait until the next. clap.gif

Crazy_Canuck

Left Torrey with Ponderosa at 6:00am (Torrey Time) and arrived home 6:30PM with 807miles in 13.5 hrs. I should have just rode another 200 miles and earned a SS1000. wink.gif

The wind was a little narley on 395 coming home, one gust almost blasted me off my bike. eek.gif

Unfortunately I beat everyone home, leaving Sat at 8 and arriving BMW LV at about 2 and Temecula about 6pm courtesy of SWA. Beautiful ride, beautiful weekend even though it was too short. Great to see everyone again!

Arrived Bay area Sunday evening about 7:00. Had a good ride back until we found that Jerry's (Flying Eagle) rear tire had cord showing. He stopped in Reno and stayed with friends and will need to fit a new tire when the shops open there. Had a good Torry and and particularily enjoyed the superb weather.

Washed my bike this morning and discovered that I was lucky. I had milked the last 3mm of tread on my rear tire and this morning after inspection, I found that I was all the way through to the fabric/steel on the Road Attacks. NEW TIRES next time for sure!!

SC_SVRider

Someond found a blue earplug in front of the store at the Chuck Wagon and gave it to me--- If somebody lost one and can tell me which ear it will fit, I'll be glad to send it to them.

It wasn't mine this time!!! clap.giflmao.gif

I made it in at 2 am this morning. What a wonderful time! It was great to get back out there and see everyone again. I knew I missed it, but didn't realize how much until I got there. Thanks to everyone who made it happen. From the Friday night dinner, to the Bar-B-Que, to the Memorial it was definitely a weekend to remember. Man, I love that place... thumbsup.gif

154175693-S.jpg

I was able to ride with Shawn for a bit and snapped this pic of Mitch as we were riding through FishLake.

154220646-S.jpg

There will be more pics to come later.

Hey John, I knew that tire would get you home! Sounds like you made it just in the nick of time.

I left Torrey at 9 or 10am, took the backroads north to Duchesne then west to Provo. There are some killer roads in the mountains east of Salt Lake! I'm in need of a front tire, so I'm calling the local Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki shops to see if anyone has a Pilot Road for me. Then I'll continue north to Jackson Hole, maybe even West Yellowstone.

So many people at Torrey, so little time. For those that I met, it was great meeting you.

Good luck on the rest of your ride Jim. By the way, with 400 miles to go, I was "at" the wear bar but not below it. Just barely at the wear bar. 400 miles and into the cord. Take note every one that there is very little rubber below the wear bar.

I was able to ride with Shawn for a bit and snapped this pic of Mitch as we were riding through FishLake.

154220646-S.jpg

Umm, it would appear you're looking over the outside shoulder. Disappointed.gif

Shawn, me thinks a little refresher course is in order.

And, don't give me any crap about my wife.

106972137-M.jpg

I done taught her since then.

lurker.gif

SC_SVRider

Uh no.. actually the CAMERA was on the outside shoulder not me.. grin.gif ... but nice try.. lmao.giflmao.gif

(we were one with the bike... ooooooooommmmmmm)

levitation.gif

PhillyFlash
cause he flew past me a ??? mph

85.2 mph according to the gps grin.gif

Greg and I are in Roswell tonight and have an easy ride in the morning. I had a blast and talking with Greg over dinner, he did too. Not enough time spent with the crew and the weekend flew by. Nice to meet some new folks and hug the old friends too. I can't wait to do it again.

How are those tires holding up. I know you were documenting the tread deterioration with photos every time we stopped. Have you reached the steel belts yet?

Back in LA 4pm Sunday. Very cold the first couple of hours and then 95 in Baker. Nice ride though. What a Great time! Thanks to Killer for making it happen. Thanks to everyone else for their part too. (Most for just showing up)!

Lost earplug owner has been located and will soon be reunited with his right earpiece--

Since he had a set of the speaker earplugs, he was just fine on the way home, but will be glad to get the regular plug back in his hands-- All's well!

We left late with the plan of spending Sunday night in Mesquite. Along the way we changed our minds and decided to ride home. We got through Vegas about 5:30 to find light traffic on the I-15. And made it home before 10:00.

This was the best time either of us have had at Torrey! It was great to visit with everyone - but there is never enough time.

I had Breakfast with Beaver in Mojave this morning.

Then we went our seperate ways. I can never get enuff Beaver...

Home at NOON today with no scuff drips or errors.

What a good time.

My Vstrom needs suspension upgrades.

Arizona Al's EAR PLUGS are better than front row at the strip club clap.gif

I'm getting in the hot tub to watch all the water displace.

Home at noon today after spending Sunday night in Vegas. Thanks everyone for honoring the call to, "Kick it up." This was one of the best Torrey trips I can remember in a long time.

Rolled in at 10:45 Monday morning. Emptied the bike, started the laundry, at something, then checked in. A GREAT Torrey event. Lots and lots to report. That will happen in a bit.

Thanks to Killer, to the Austin Family and their employees, and to the fine people of Torrey who once again welcomed us with open arms.

Rodger (Signman) deserves special mention for the work he did on the Gleno memorial signs.

Just talked to Leslie and Jamie in San Diego. They got home and will post later on tonight. Leslie was in good spirits and Jamie well is just Jamie grin.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Gar and I got in around 1:00. Waved RedRider on his way at Beach Cities exit. Sure was a bizarre trip but had a blast. 1.Missy had a hissy fit Friday morning. Glowing red.

2.Some goof tried to take Gar out on the 91. Twice.

3.Missed reception Friday night.

4.Gar's boots came up missing Monday morning.

RedRider got confused, thought they were his.

5.Stayed on the 14th floor but it was really the 13.

6.After sweltering yesterday ran into fog, rain

chilly weather just outside of Victorville.

Can't wait until next time clap.gifclap.gif. Thanks for all that had a hand in making this such a great gathering. Both of us very honored to have been at Gleno Summit.

P.S. ArizonaAl - love the earplugs thumbsup.gif

Archived