IGNORED

XM Radio suggestions

ofccat

Hi everyone Dave (casticus) and I are back from the honeymoon in Costa Rica and had a wonderful time. I got a new bike right before the wedding... a 75th anniversary 1100R. Dave is going to get a GPS w/sattellite radio and I just want an XM radio. Any suggestions? Thanks

BigGalloot

You might look at the Pioneer Inno. It does not require an external antenna, which avoids an extra wire.

I use the the interface that plugs into my cassette player instead of the FM modulator because it's too much hassle constantly finding a new unused FM station as you go from one area to another.

I currently have a Skyfi, Myfi, two RoadyXTs, a Roady, and a Roady2. I thought the RoadyXT would be the best, but now I'm leaning towards the Roady2.

GPS / XM radio

If you plan on getting GPS in the future, I would get the 2730.

I bought it from the link above. Fast shipping, great service.

If you are interested in a portable unit, I have pioneer airware that is like new. Still has the plastic protector on the screen! If you are interested send me a PM

I don't think you can go wrong with a ZUMO 550. Little more expensive ($700-ish on line), but it is AWESOME with the XM software built in, and smaller/lighter than the 2730 -- WITH left hand controls built in.

I don't think you can go wrong with a ZUMO 550. Little more expensive ($700-ish on line), but it is AWESOME with the XM software built in, and smaller/lighter than the 2730 -- WITH left hand controls built in.

I agree the Zumo is sweet, however you could buy an autocom with the price difference between the Zumo and the 2730 wink.gif

Archived