IGNORED

Intercoms

bmurphypdx

bmurphypdx

I know there are more threads out there than I can count but I'm looking for a simple answer and all of the data out there is overwhelming me. Let me say that all I want to do is communicate with my pillion without spending a fortune. I do NOT want to answer my cell, listen to music, hear the GPS yammer at me. I want the peace of my helmet interrupted only by the occasional request of my pillion. It seems all of the systems out there are designed to do everything and are priced accordingly. Is there a basic voice communication system out there that works and does not cost an arm and a leg? Thanks.

John Bentall

A high quality system will keep you happy for 10 years of rdidng or more, have good aftersales if something should go wrong and can be moved from bike to bike.

A low-end system will make you unhappy about everything except the budget price.

If you don't do a lot of riding then look at the Autocom Kit 150 Duo, if you do then consider the bike-powered kit 200 Duo.

I have been using a Collett Communicator for several years.

http://www.collett.mb.ca/

This is a Canadian company that has been producing very popular communicators for snowmobile use for a long time. The have made them available for motorcycle use and they work. I have been pleased with mine. Two of them permit bike to bike or you can get one package that does bike to passenger. They are not over complicated and they do work very well. VOX is excellent.

I am using motocomm AB-1 the new system is ST-1 it may be a little more than you require but the price is right. The quality seems to me as quite good. They may also have what you want just give them a call. Try this web site.

https://www.rflimited.com/Site.asp?CID=3

It would not be a bad idea to have the option of adding other devices later if you want.

Archived