IGNORED

Clutch trouble

Architekt2

Architekt2

I have a 2002 1150RTA and with less than 10,000 miles am experiencing difficulties changing gears with the foot pedal. Sometimes it would let me change gears and I'm in first gear and it revs very high and it will let me change gears however with very slight pressure applied to the left hand clutch. Can someone tell me what the problem could be? It is not the clutch fluid that I know. Thanks.

I have a 2002 1150RTA and with less than 10,000 miles am experiencing difficulties changing gears with the foot pedal. Sometimes it would let me change gears and I'm in first gear and it revs very high and it will let me change gears however with very slight pressure applied to the left hand clutch. Can someone tell me what the problem could be? It is not the clutch fluid that I know. Thanks.

Architekt2, we really need more information from you about your problem,, when it happens? (hot, cold, always, etc).. Is it ALWAYS only shifting out of 1st gear or do other up-shifts or down-shifts give you problems also?

There are MANY reasons your trans isn’t shifting properly-- from a dragging clutch,, to trans input shaft to clutch disk spline wear,, to problems with the shift lever itself sticking or lacking lubrication, to the foot shift lever contacting something,, to air in the clutch fluid,, to a worn apply push rod, to ????..

With that being a RTP it’s possible it was a police training bike & if that is the case it’s possible it has an abused clutch system or heavy wear on the lower 2 trans gears..

Give us all the information you can on how, when, where, what gear, how often, what operating temp, etc & if possible give us a little history on the bike’s background..

If you want to get a little scared just research the archives on this site about SPLINE WEAR,, 2002 RT trans problems,, 1150RT clutch problems..

Twisty

Archived