IGNORED

Leathers

Wyn

R. S. Taichi. Really good quality and fit and materials. I've got about 60 days in them and they're still like new.

When fitting them, keep them tight or they won't be safe. But you have to be on your bike, in position, to really test the fit.

Also, get an inner suit to keep you cool and make them easy to take on/off.

Moto Liberty in Dallas is one of my favorite places to shop for good gear at great prices. New Enough is excellent, too.

ncsonderman

Last suit I owned was Vanson One piece with the double zippers in front. Much better quality than some others that I've had in the past.

Heavy, well vented, and plenty of well placed armor!

David,

You mentioned you use an inner suit to keep you cool under your leathers. What do you recommend for an inner suit?

Thanks,

David, you mentioned you use an inner suit to keep you cool under your leathers. What do you recommend for an inner suit?

There are two good ones: one made by R.S. Taichi, and another by Kushitani. I'm a little partial to the former. Once you wear one under leathers, you'll never go back! thumbsup.gif

Don't tell anyone, but back in the day I used to wear pantyhose under my Hein Gericke's. Always wondered if I crashed what the rescue crew would think. lmao.gif

ISYHTRAH

Don't tell anyone, but back in the day I used to wear pantyhose under my Hein Gericke's. Always wondered if I crashed what the rescue crew would think. lmao.gif

They'd probably just make some remark about you riding like a girl and crashing. tongue.gif

(I can't believe I just said that.)

Paul Mihalka

It's probably not the type leather gear you are looking for, but for touring/travel leathers I did not find anything superior to Harley-Davidson's line of "FXRG" riding gear. It is a very soft but thick leather that almost does not absorb water. Both jacket and pants have water-proof lining. Has armor in the right places. Most important: It does not say "HARLEY-DAVIDSON" in big blazing orange letters - just barely visible pressed into the black leather on the sleeve and pant leg! Yes, it's pricey...

BMW Black "Reflect" suit with high tech wicking undies and T shirt.

High quality and they are supposed to keep you a bit cooler by reflecting UV rays or something like that.

Knifemaker

For as little as I have used them I have a set of Frank Thomas leathers that I am very happy with. They have served me well without a heavy cash layout.

Steve_Witmer

I wear two piece perforated Vanson leathers in summer. The perforated versions are tolerable (I didn't say comfortable) in the heat I usually ride in. They are, of course, miserable if you stop moving on a sunny day.

The "Technical Sport Rider" pants have areas of stretchy Schoeller Keprotec fabric through the groin and behind the knees and are very comfortable on long trips. The seat of the pants is smooth and no chafing from seams.

Archived