IGNORED

BMWR1200RT ESA problem

bmwdavid

Dealer says problem is not the wiring but the rear shock. Ordered a new shock and will install when it arrives.I asked them if the front shock is affected while hitting esa on the move and he did not know. I'm wondering if the rear shock isn't working what about the front shock? Does anyone know if the front is affected also? How do you know if the front is working or if it changes load while on the move?

what were your symptoms?

It just did not change settings or what?

Can't they test the ESA signal output and check the action on the valve side?

h

I never noticed a difference between comfort, sport and normal. Had nothing to compare to so I brought it to the dealers attention. They compared it to a new bike and agreed with me. The latest that bothers me is when I spoke to dealer today I asked him if he could tell me if the front shock was working and he said he was not sure if the dampening affects the front but his technician must have checked it out. Of course it affects front and rear shocks and he doesn't know this and I don't know if he checked it out. Frustrating.My bike will be there two weeks and I can only hope it works when I get it back.

Dealer changed rear shock and says it is not recognized by their computer because the new shock is a newer updated version. Waiting for response from bmw. Anyone had a similar experience? Solutions?

How do you know if the front is working or if it changes load while on the move?

You can change between sport, normal and comfort on the fly. You must be stopped with engine running in Neutral to change the spring rate between 1-up, 1-up+luggage and 2-up.

Archived