IGNORED

Gas Leaking on my '02 RT

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

Well my bike was a little hard to start this morning. Then as soon as I got it running I noticed gasoline leaking on the right side of the bike. So I shut it down, and now I'll pull some plastic to see if I can find out where it's coming from. Any ideas of where to look, or if others have had this problem would sure help me out.

If you've got quick disconnects on your fuel line, and they are plastic, they may be leaking, good place to start.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

I'll check that out--were quick disconnects stock?--because I haven't changed anything in the fuel system from stock.

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV
talk to the dealer also as the quick disconnect were a recall item a few years back.

The guys on this site are fantastic, because usually someone has THE answer. I just called the dealer and sure-enough there was a recall for clamps and O-Rings (In addition there was a recall on the Front Shock that has never been done) So Sierra BMW will take care of both items at the same time.

Thanks again.

(In addition there was a recall on the Front Shock that has never been done) So Sierra BMW will take care of both items at the same time.

Thanks again.

Tell me more (please) about the shock recall as I couldn't find any details on the web.

Chris...

Archived