IGNORED

bluetooth issue with Zumo

waverider

Hey all...

OK, Zumo is all mounted up and I'm loving it (I'll have to figure out how to post a pic from my mac). Anyway, I figured I'd try the bluetooth feature and synch'd it with my phone. It interfaces great.. phone book... call features are right there on the Zumo screen. I go to call someone... I hear the ringing in my helmet, I hear them answer but they can't hear me. I tried the same thing with a couple other helmets I have wired and nothing from the microphone. I don't think it's the mic because I have my CB wired into the bike and I'm able to talk to people through the same mic.... just not with the Zumo bluetooth thinggie (technical term). Has anyone else out there had or heard of this issue? Thanks again as always.

Larry

Is your helmet wired to the Zumo via 2 plugs? One stereo plug for sound incoming to your helmet speakers, and one mono plug for sound outgoing from your helmet to the zumo "Mic-in"?

Ah... no. I'm just plugged into the one audio jack. The mic works for CB though.. guess I'm not connecting the dots. The speakers and Mic all go to the same J&M junction in my helmet then from there to my plug in for my Baehr Ultima. That's how I'm getting the audio. I think I may need a bluetooth (BT) specific MIC to use talk back to people through the phone. For visualization purposes... The audio from the phone goes (BT) to the garmin where the audio is then hardwired into my helmet (and I hear it great). When I talk back, my voice travels back down (hardwire) to the zumo but is unable to jump (BT) back to the phone. Is my thinking off here?

NO, I think your right on with that description. That is how I have mine configured: Bluetooth in the phone is talking to the bluetooth in the garmin. The helmet is hardwired to garmin.

I have no problems with mine with that setup. Hmmm. Maybe delete the pairing and repair the devices, and see if that works.

If you have voice-commands in your phone, do they respond to your voice when your helmet is on and your going thru the bluetooth connection in the garmin?

Yeah.. I've tried re-pairing them a couple times with the same result. Is your helmet going right to the garmin (hardwire) or to a comm system? Mine is going to my Baehr which then goes to the garmin. Voice commands don't work either. The phone IS voice command capable (I use the feature with the phone alone in my truck for example). hmmmmmm.......

John Bentall
Yeah.. I've tried re-pairing them a couple times with the same result. Is your helmet going right to the garmin (hardwire) or to a comm system? Mine is going to my Baehr which then goes to the garmin. Voice commands don't work either. The phone IS voice command capable (I use the feature with the phone alone in my truck for example). hmmmmmm.......

I am lost here. Which wire is going into the Zumo microphone input socket?

Yes, My helmet is going straight to my Garmin. I have a chatterbox that used to use, so my helmet had the stero speakers and mic from that system already in it. I purchased a spare cable that normally goes from the helmet to the Chatterbox and cut the Chatterbox plug off the end and soldered 2 male plugs there instead (a stereo plug for the speaker audio and a mini-monoplug for the microphone) and I have no problems.

It sounds to me that your problem lies somewhere in your Baehr? Can you bypass it and go directly to the garmin just to test your garmin?

James Clark
I don't think it's the mic because I have my CB wired into the bike and I'm able to talk to people through the same mic.... just not with the Zumo bluetooth thinggie (technical term).

Is there a PTT button between the mic and the Zumo?

I have the Baehr comm unit and you need 2 conn. leads to it. One for audio and one for mic. one each of 3.5mm & 2.5mm Baehr cables to the Zumo cradle.

Archived