IGNORED

BMW Motorad Performance Driving Courses

LuckyLeif

I just rcvd an e-notice from the BMW Performance Center and Performance Driving School, which offers classes in Spartanburg on car driving techniques. The notice hints that they may expand their classes to include bikes. Specifics not given -- street bikes, off road, ??? Anyone with more info? Here's the quote:

"Spring is in the air at the BMW Performance Center and Performance Driving School with updates to existing courses and exciting new driving school offerings. Additions include a track extension adding a different dimension to the high-performance M School that rivals popular race tracks, an "other-roads" course to showcase the capabilities of the X-5 Sports Activity Vehicle, and the return of BMW on Location. A totally new complement of motorcycle courses will also debut later this summer."

I remember hearing at one time that the basic MSF course was offered there but have no first hand knowledge. That was 2 or 3 years ago.

johncarves

Bmw has completed construction on an off-road motorcycle course in Greer SC. It will be similar to what is offered in Europe. They have not announced opening dates, course outline or cost. We sold and outfitted 3 R1200GS to them.

(I currently work at Touring Sport BMW in Greenville SC)

Archived