IGNORED

Motorcycle grant, your right it is about the money.

motorman587

Fasterpill

A couple weeks ago a biker got killed here by a lady that pulled out on him and drove right into him and his buddy (in critical condition). The police checked her breath and took her right to jail.

End of story?

Turns out her blood tests came out below the .08 level, and she was released.

Turns out the bikers WERE speeding excessively.

I work Highway 12 on a motor (2006 1200RTP)in the city that was named in the article.

In the month of March there were 5 people killed. Very little of the money from citations go back to the issuing agency. I think we get somewhere maybe 15%. Most of the money goes to the state. On top of that, the money we do get goes into the city's general fund not the PD's budget.

I think thats about the way it is in South Florida too, with the S.O. Maybe a small percent returns to the county general fund, all of it goes to Tallahassee. I can garantee one thing though, if your driving your cage in the next two weeks without a seatbelt, you'll probably get a ticket. I only issued 27 today. Have you seen the commercials?

harleyjohn45
I think thats about the way it is in South Florida too, with the S.O. Maybe a small percent returns to the county general fund, all of it goes to Tallahassee. I can garantee one thing though, if your driving your cage in the next two weeks without a seatbelt, you'll probably get a ticket. I only issued 27 today. Have you seen the commercials?

if you are diabetic, you can get a seatbelt exemption.

Archived