IGNORED

Mobile Phone Bluetooth/Autocomm setup on K1200GT

Stir

I've just installed the Nokia bluetooth device into my K1200GT. What this gives me over the standard wire to the cell phone is better compatibilty and greater flexibility.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

This little button does the following. It serves to connect the device to a cell phone. When I get on the bike and power it up, I click the button once. Through the headset, I will hear a beep that confirms the connection.

On the road, if someone calls, pressing the button once will send the call to voicemail.

I can press the button twice to make a call. I need to play with this a little more as I can't give you the number of clicks for a functions. X clicks for example will call the last number dialer and everyonce in a while, I press the button and it asks me to speak the name that I want to call. I haven't got this worked out yet. More of a reading the manual issue for me.

There is also a ring around the button that changes the volume. A very nice feature!

This little addition was pricey. But, I can add other Bluetooth phones, up to 8, and the device will accept calls from them as well.

BTW, I am running a Samsung BT phone, not the Nokia and it seems like I have full functionality.

Michael

ghaverkamp
But, I can add other Bluetooth phones, up to 8, and the device will accept calls from them as well.

Is there a market for mobile switchboard services?

But, I can add other Bluetooth phones, up to 8, and the device will accept calls from them as well.

Is there a market for mobile switchboard services?

If my wife is on the bike, it can pick up both phones. This device is intended to be placed in cars and you could have multiple occupants, or, for a while, I had a work cell phone and a personal cell phone. It would auto answer any that would ring. Now given that, if I have two phones and I hit the button to call out, which phone does it select? I don't know these answers yet but I will find out.

Just a couple of questions.

Are you or are you not still wired to the Autocomm?

Is it possible to go bluetooth direct from helmet?

Ok, three questions.

The button location as I understand it is where, six inches behind your behind? Use of this button with passenger may get some strange looks. Maybe I am confused?

Your install looks good, kinda busy eh, lots of wires.

The Blue Tooth device is wired to the aux 2 of the autocomm.

Bluetooth to helmet, I don't know. There are several BT helmets out there but I don't know how well they interoperate.

The button works for one rider, no passenger, but it is attached via velcro. IT can be detached and moved if I have a passenger.

There are lots of wires, however, I'm not certain what to do with them. I did not want audio cables running next to power cables...ect.

M

Just a couple of questions.

Are you or are you not still wired to the Autocomm?

Is it possible to go bluetooth direct from helmet?

Ok, three questions.

The button location as I understand it is where, six inches behind your behind? Use of this button with passenger may get some strange looks. Maybe I am confused?

Your install looks good, kinda busy eh, lots of wires.

• 1 month later...

Archived