IGNORED

Corbin Lists only '05-'06 R1200RT Seats

JoelInMA

I called Corbin to ask about a seat for my '07 R1200RT, noting that they list only the previous two model years on their site. They said that was because they'd not had an '07 in yet and didn't want to claim their seat would fit that model year. Is there any reason to assume seats that fit '05 & '06 wouldn't fit my '07? Thanks! Joel

I suspect that the '07 saddle is the same as the '06 but BMW does strange things....

Have you considered a Rick Mayer or a Russell Day Long custom saddle?

Thanks for the reply. I've considered both (having had a Russell on my R1100RS), but Russell, at least (don't know about the Mayer) require the original seat pan(s) so it means being without for a while...the Corbin that I had prior to the Russell had its own pan, so I basically had the stock and the Corbin at the same time. But, I may go the Russell route again as I really liked it.

Joel

Is there any reason to assume seats that fit '05 & '06 wouldn't fit my '07? Thanks! Joel

Call a parts counter at any good BMW dealer and ask them.

>>Call a parts counter at any good BMW dealer and ask them.

Good idea, thanks...have been hoping to find one of the online parts sites that has '07 models, but the latest I've found so far is one with 11/06 build dates...mine was built in 12/06.

BiggerTwin

I just got a Corbin last week for my 07 R1200RT and it fits perfectly (latching the rear is hard but will ease up once the rubber bumpers on the saddle break-in). The Corbin feels great and looks even better. It gives you more support but doesn't look like an orthopedic device you added to your sleek motorcycle as an afterthought.

Alan

Beemer_Jockey

Just purchased a Corbin straight out of the van for my '07 RT at Myrtle Beach Harley Rally. Front fits fine. If you buy the rear also it's tight 'til the bumpers break in. You may have to shim the locking bar for a while.

Corbin does it for me. Great support. thumbsup.gif

Archived