Centech fuse box

Larry

Is there any way to waterproof a Centech fuse box?

Put it in a Pelican (or the like) case.

Aluminum_Butt

Is it necessary to waterproof it? I'm curious as to why you're asking.

Mine is under my seat. If enough water gets under there to cause issues with the Centech, I'm going to have other problems anyway! dopeslap.gif

Jim VonBaden
Is it necessary to waterproof it? I'm curious as to why you're asking.

Mine is under my seat. If enough water gets under there to cause issues with the Centech, I'm going to have other problems anyway! dopeslap.gif

+1

Jim cool.gif

I put mine behind the left black side cover. Last time I was in a hard rain the bike would miss at low rpm's. Never happened before I installed the Centech. IF you would post a photo for mounting under the seat?

Thanks.

Eckhard Grohe

I didn't waterproof mine but I put it behind the headlight on the fairing bracket. It is going to be a problem to change fuses but I don't expect to do that too often.

Last time I was in a hard rain the bike would miss at low rpm's. Never happened before I installed the Centech
Almost certainly unrelated.

A miss in wet riding is one of the early signs of a pending HES failure however.

I've got mine mounted under the left side side cover, too. I don't see how having your Centech there could cause your engine to "miss" if you are only powering your farkle accessories through the Centech. I'd rather have it under the seat more protected from weather, but I already have too much stuff there already (comm system cables/wires). wave.gif

Archived