IGNORED

Sweeper Sadness (Utah H72)

RDore

Real and I, (I am using his computer and logon to post this) rode H72 "Sweeper Madness" and it is a complete disaster. UDOT has tarred the road and the tar snakes are the worst I have seen on any road. It can be ridden but slowly and carefully. If you are looking for a more sporty ride H12 to Escalante or H25 to Fish Lake are better options. "Sweeper Madness" has become "Sweeper Sadness" this year. bncry.gif

Cheers!

Todd

Sweeper Madness ISN'T why I'm sad about missing Torrey.

My sweet wife has been checking last minute fares up untill today hoping get me there. Nothing worked out. bncry.gif

Sorry the roads suck for those who are there.

Gleno & his family will be in my thoughts & prayers this weekend.

I miss all of you. wave.gif

I (sadly) concur! frown.gif

We just came through there and it is a mess. Granted, it was later in the day - almost night, but we were still feeling a little bit of a skip in the sunny spots.

The only way I could think of getting around it was to hug the white line, but that's not really the best option, especially in the areas that have a guardrail. eek.gif

I'm sure someone will chime in with a suitable substitution. thumbsup.gif

bakerzdosen

The first time I went through there (8:30ish pm Thursday) things were actually not bad. I honestly didn't feel much slipping at all. HOWEVER, today at like 3pm, I now agree 100%. It's bad.

PhillyFlash

We rode 72 after the memorial at the top, and it wasn't a problem at all. Granted, it was still early in the day, but we went through at a very quick pace and just backed it off a little through some of the worst areas. Maybe when they heat up it becomes a problem. We had a pretty fun time on the road. I wouldn't call it Sweeper Sadness. Maybe more like Sweeper Not-Quite-Insane-As-Usual-But-Still-Pretty-Nuts.

russell_bynum
We rode 72 after the memorial at the top, and it wasn't a problem at all. Granted, it was still early in the day, but we went through at a very quick pace and just backed it off a little through some of the worst areas. Maybe when they heat up it becomes a problem. We had a pretty fun time on the road. I wouldn't call it Sweeper Sadness. Maybe more like Sweeper Not-Quite-Insane-As-Usual-But-Still-Pretty-Nuts.

+1

It was no biggie when we ran it. You just had to dial it back a little. Sammy got his knee down on 72 fer cryin' out loud, so it wasn't that bad.

Bill_Walker

I think the highway folks in Wayne County need to talk to the folks in the next county to the south about their tar snake recipe. The snakes on 95 were pretty much ignorable, while those on 24 and 72 were definitely affecting my bike.

+1

It was no biggie when we ran it. You just had to dial it back a little. Sammy got his knee down on 72 fer cryin' out loud, so it wasn't that bad.

+1

Archived