IGNORED

Difference between FirstGear HT Overpants and HT Air Overpants?

E30TECH

I can't seem to figure the main difference between the HT Overpants 2.0 and the HT Air Overpants 2.0.

I was thinking about removing the liner from my HT Overpants and using them in the Summer. Anyone know if they are too hot for Summer use in NJ?

Huge difference!

Ht overs are for cold or inclimate weather.

Airs are mesh and more summer oriented or warm weather.

The first option is my winter pant but I just cant wear them in any warm weather especially on a RT with no leg airflow.

Huge difference!

Ht overs are for cold or inclimate weather.

Airs are mesh and more summer oriented or warm weather.

The first option is my winter pant but I just cant wear them in any warm weather especially on a RT with no leg airflow.

I just got a pair of the FG mesh overpants. One thing to be careful about is the length you order. I have a 29.5" inseam and found that only the "short" version fit so the knee padding actually ended up at knee level.

The Airs have mesh panels that allow circulation instead of the solid standard HT 2.0.

I can tell you right now.......You do NOT want to be wearing the standard HT 2.0 pants when are behind a fairing and it is above 75-80 degrees. I wear them to work every day, and I have damn near cooked myself by the time I get home on warmer days. I was thinking I would be able to survive using them through the summer, but I think I have to go with something else. I figure it won't be long before I'm buying a matching set of Air 2.0's to go along with the standard ones I already have.

I use my FG air pants all the time and even in very cold weather with my rain pants over them and a few times with long johns under. I have gone up to a few El Paseos recently where my setup was used when starting in the am with frost on the seat but nice and warm weather in the afternoon. Of course, I got a few strange looks from the crew walking around eating BBQ in the evening wearing the air pants! To be honest, if I drove in the cold weather all the time I would have FG pants with no mesh to wear.

grin.gif

D

Archived