IGNORED

Setting Suspension on R1200S

ohioR1200S

ohioR1200S

Hey guys (and gals). I'm working on a R1200S and dialing in the suspension for a friend. Before we do the trial and error thing I thought I'd check with you guys and see if anyone already has some good settings for this bike. It has the Ohlins. I am guessing the rider is 200 lbs with gear on and we are looking for a set up that is more sport/handling but don't want to go to full out track type set up. Anyone have experience dialing in a R1200S?

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery on my 1200s and would be interested very much in any performance enhancing experiences you might come across. Ohlins settings and freer flowing exhaust included. I weigh in at about 185-190 with gear smile.gif

NakedRider

Set the sag first on the preload, both ends. No sense in doing any other adjustments before that is right. If he's weighing about 200 the standards setings will be too light. Don't rush this part. Very important.

For the front you can then push down hard on the clip ons and actually watch the rebound. If it comes bounces up after pushing and then comes back down you need more rebound. When you push it down, it bounces back up, and stops at the top your just about there. Rear you can play with the same way be sitting on the bike to get close before you go out. Just me but I'd dial in the rebound first before messing with compression. My guess for rebound at 200 lbs is he'll want at least two clicks more rebound, maybe more on each end.

Next find your favority bumpy road and fine tune. No one setting works perfect in all conditions. Find a setting that works best for the majority of riding that you do.

I've got the full Remus racing exhaust. Big difference on the top but fairly noisy.

For the front you can then push down hard on the clip ons and actually watch the rebound. If it comes bounces up after pushing and then comes back down you need more rebound. When you push it down, it bounces back up, and stops at the top your just about there.

Just to clarify--I know you know this, but just in case it isn't clear--this needs to be done when the rider is on the bike! thumbsup.gif

" Big difference on the top but fairly noisy. ."

Exactly thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif Where did you get your system?

Their site doesn't show a complete system for a R12S

Archived