IGNORED

Why is it that...

wrestleantares

wrestleantares

Sub 50 days in the spring are so much colder than sub 30 days in the winter.

The temps dropped last night and I woke to a crisp morning. I put on my slightly heavier gloves, my winter jacket (minus the liner) with a sweat shirt underneath, boots and overpants.

I go to work and I'm still chilly.

I guess part is psychological - it's just not supposed to be this chilly in the late spring, and part is that work is not as warm (not as great a difference in outside and inside temps)to make me feel warmer when I got inside today.

Stormrider

I ride from West to East everyday on my commute so the sun keeps me nice an warm on the way. grin.gif

You may have actually been wearing too much under your jacket.

I'll tell you why.......its cause you do the same dumb thing I do. "Hmmm.....it doesn't seem that cold........I'll leave the liner out of my jacket and overpants, turn up the heat on the grips so these gloves should be fine, and an extra layer......ahhhhh, who needs it."

An hour later.........my dumb ass is rolling into the parking lot at work with my teeth chattering and it takes me 6 cups of coffee to get warmed up.

If it would have been January and 30 degrees out, I would have been completely geared up from head to toe with no compromise. I think around 44 degrees I get that false hope that its "really not that bad".

Just a thought grin.gif

I'll tell you why.......its cause you do the same dumb thing I do. "Hmmm.....it doesn't seem that cold........I'll leave the liner out of my jacket and overpants, turn up the heat on the grips so these gloves should be fine, and an extra layer......ahhhhh, who needs it."

An hour later.........my dumb ass is rolling into the parking lot at work with my teeth chattering and it takes me 6 cups of coffee to get warmed up.

If it would have been January and 30 degrees out, I would have been completely geared up from head to toe with no compromise. I think around 44 degrees I get that false hope that its "really not that bad".

Just a thought grin.gif

How I wish I couldn't relate to this...

wrestleantares

Just a thought grin.gif

Bingo! Except the gloves part - I almost wore the mesh but today I did opt for the better pair.

Jim VonBaden

Just a thought grin.gif

They/we all do that! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif

Jim cool.gif

Yep! I lived in the bush of western Alaska for 10 years, 700 miles from the nearest road and I get colder here in Idaho more frequently than I ever did up there but of course there in Alaska if you didn't dress for it you died. Here I just get numb.

eek.gif

Cheers

strat

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Strat.. the last winter I was up there (Alaska..1962/63) it was around 80 below.. got dressed and walked nearly 1/2 a mile to the roller rink! lmao.gif It was closed, due to the fact that no cars were running! tongue.gif

Archived