Speedo Cable routing R1150RT

AndyS

Can anyone tell me the correct routing of the speedo cable.

Currently mine leaves the front wheel, then passes through a guide in the fairing, then continues upwards (rubbing against the outside of the lefthand fork slider - before coupling onto the speeds

Thanks for the help

Andy

Stan Walker

Mine has several cable ties holding it to the left away from the fork. Since I still have the original cable installed I would guess that's the way it shipped.

Stan

Clive Liddell

Andy,

Unlike Stan's, mine has no cable ties. Sweeps up from the speedo drive, through the open ended "clip" behind the glove compartment and straight to the speedometer. I have never touched anything so that's how mine was delivered. It normally rests about 6 to 8 mm from the LH fork. It has never touched.

Just wondering if your little bracket holding the clip has been bent or installed incorrectly (it comes away when you remove the glove compartment)

So does the cable go to the left side of the lefthand fork leg, or does it pass on the inside (between the fork and the headstock) as it finally goes up to the speedo?

Cheers

Andy

Stan Walker

So does the cable go to the left side of the lefthand fork leg

Yes, it's cable tied to the frame over by the horn. That routes it far away from the forks.

Stan

Archived