IGNORED

IPOD through FM?

maxfrankel

maxfrankel

Since I have a radio, wouldn't the easiest & cheapest way to listen to the IPOD be through one of those $20 adapters that plug into a lighter (ok, so I need a second adapter!) socket? Many of them even come with a cradle! Anyone tried this?

Sure... if you want crappy sound quality... and to have to change the frequency you're using as you travel. Just because you put your FM transmitter on a frequency that isn't being used where you are now, doesn't mean that just over the next hill you won't start picking up a station on that frequency. Then you start to hear other songs in the background of the music from your iPod.

Figure out another way... the FM transmitters suck.

If that radio also comes with a cassette, try the tape insert converters. Works well with the iPod - no sound degradation as experienced with FM transmitter.

>>>>Figure out another way... the FM transmitters suck<<<<

+1

+1 on the lousy sound AND if you're around large metropolitan areas there are few unused frequencies so you're frequently needing to change stations. I've got a Sony cassette adapter which works well in the cage.

For my truck, I found it much easier and just about as cheap to buy a radio with an auxillary input right on the face. The sound is top quality. Here is an example

Of course if you have the radio with handlbar controls, that complicates things.

I would suggest speaker-type earplugs plugged into the Ipod -- bypass the radio altogether. Good sound quality along with effective ambient noise reduction.

Lee

2002 R1150RT

Archived