IGNORED

New Tread Depth for Michelin Pilot Roads.

erich schneider

erich schneider

Anybody know the new tread depth for Pilot Roads? I new mine are worn but am trying to figure with my rideing how many miles left as I am going on a few long trips in the next few months and am trying to set up time to put on new skins. Thanks. Erich

ShovelStrokeEd

Stick a penny in one of the tread grooves, if you can see all of Lincoln's head, it is time for new tires. I'm finding some pretty good late term wear on my Pilot Road rear. It has about 7K miles on it now and looks to have at least another 2 or 3K in it. We'll see how it looks after my 850 mile slab ride home this weekend.

I have a new pair of Pilot Roads in the garage. The front tire has approx. 5/32 in the center of the tire, and the rear a little over 8/32 in the center of the tire. I'm about due to put them on. My rear tire has about 8500 miles on it, and can probably go to 9,000. The front could probably make it to 10,000, but I'll change them both at the same time.

I have a new pair of Pilot Roads in the garage. The front tire has approx. 5/32 in the center of the tire, and the rear a little over 8/32 in the center of the tire. I'm about due to put them on. My rear tire has about 8500 miles on it, and can probably go to 9,000. The front could probably make it to 10,000, but I'll change them both at the same time.

+1..........We have the same experience with PR's......I find the cheap little depth guage I've had for 40 years very handy to measure just how the tires are wearing...

Both the 1150 and 1200 will get in the neighborhood of 9,000 miles running them....We carry 36F and 40 to 42R pressure normally...

Phil...........Redbrick

sonofdennis

My PR's have a lot of tread whine on the road. Louder than the bike it's self. I'm considering a tire that's a bit quieter any suggestions? I'm more touring than sport anymore.

Archived