IGNORED

The Phoenix

Paul Mihalka

Paul Mihalka

Well, it really wanted to follow me home, and my dear Maria let me keep it :

IMG_0530.jpg

Should be a nice replacement for my dear departed R1150Rt-lite.

2005 R1200GS. Needs a a bit of servicing. I already took off the passenger seat and luggage rack to be able to swing my lousy old leg over it.

Sweet! thumbsup.gif

That needed service should be must easier w/o all the time spent on tupperware removal. clap.gif

You guys gotta stop posting pics of your twelves.

They're just sooo purty, it hurts. grin.gif

Boo-tee-ful steed, Paul. thumbsup.gif

Paul,

I'm happy for you. clap.gif

How are things progressing with the clean up?

Enjoy the GS. wave.gif

BTW, time to change your signature. grin.gif

Firefight911

Congrats Paul!! Phoenix from the ashes indeed!!

Glad the world is rolling on two wheels for you again!

Geeze Paul, if I new you wanted a blue 05 GS, then I would have traded mine when I bought the RT from you this winter! Is that a Corbin saddle? Scott

Lone_RT_rider

Great looking bike Paul! I think you should ride it down to Florida and show Danny... smile.gif

Shawn

Congratulations Paul! That is a very nice looking machine.

P.S. The R12ST rocks, thanks for having it on the floor!

Paul Mihalka
Congratulations Paul! That is a very nice looking machine.

Ted my friend, welcome to joining us in the BMWST asylum, instead of just looking in through the window smirk.gif. You will enjoy your R1200ST at Mayhem, in company of a bunch of other lunatics! grin.gif

Yes, welcome to the BMWST asylum. BUT you can't just sneak in here on an ST. thumbsup.gif Tell us more and show us pictures!!! wave.gif

Whoops, sorry about that blush.gif I had meant to write an intro earlier, but I wanted to congratulate Paul on his new ride.

I'll post up a picture or two once I figure out how to do it (I'm kinda techno challenged) and can get my daughter to take a few snaps.

As for me, I've been riding for about 30 years, 25 of them on BeeEms...traded in a K12RS on the ST. I've got a GSXR-750 as well, but I don't really like riding it on the street all that much and have mostly used it for track days.

I am in love with the ST, even though I've only had it for 5 days! It is light and flickable, and as soon as I fiddle with modifying the seat and finish up break-in it should be just about perfect for errr, whatyacallit???, oh yeah, sport touring.

My wife seems to think I don't need any farkles, but I'm spending an awful lot of time following threads about lights, GPS, etc. This is not good. So, anyway, I'll post up some pix soon and try to make a "proper" introduction.

Congrats, Paul! I know that the RT-Lite was a perfect fit for you, but the GS is fantastic. Well done.

thumbsup.gif

Now get on it and get your ass to Torrey.

grin.gif

What Russell said!!!

I'm happy for you too - I'm glad you're back on two wheels again clap.gif

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Glad to see you back up and riding Paul, and a fine ride it is. I know it must have been a tough haul.

BTW-What is an RTlite?

Rich

Marty Hill

Paul,

Wonderful! thumbsup.gif I know you will enjoy it. grin.gif

No longer called swiss army knife of bikes...now known as the old fart's bike. lmao.gif

Paul Mihalka

BTW-What is an RTlite?

Rich

"R1150Rt-lite" A R1150R tha I fitted to myself after riding a R1100RT for 170K miles. I loved that bike, but time goes on and I try to look forward and not back.

R1150R-jpeg100postcard.jpg

Torrey? Sorry, no. I would love to, but with a burned out garage and workshop in the house there are other priorities.

Great looking bike Paul thumbsup.gif.....Next pic we see I'll bet it'll have Motolights on it......Glad you're back on the road.... clap.gif

Phil.........Redbrick

Beautiful! thumbsup.gif

...and there's still time to make Torrey!!!!!

Just what I was going to say! thumbsup.gif

Viszont látásra.

Congratulations, Paul. Pity you couldn't get a yellow one, but blue is almost as good.

Mine is now over 3 years old, and has recently rounded 50,000km. Which is nothing compared to the mileage you've been doing. Main problem was oil seal leakage shortly after it was out of warranty, but BMW did contribute to the cost of repair.

Great looking bike, wish I had one...wait a minute, I do!!!

Ditto!

Paul, great news - enjoy your new GS!

Torrey? Sorry, no. I would love to, but with a burned out garage and workshop in the house there are other priorities.

Unrally?

My wife seems to think I don't need any farkles, but I'm spending an awful lot of time following threads about lights, GPS, etc. This is not good. So, anyway, I'll post up some pix soon and try to make a "proper" introduction.

You may not need any, blush.gifgrin.gif

but the bike does. lmao.gifwave.gif

Archived