IGNORED

Differences between 06 & 07 GT?

GTman

Brakes - servo (07) vs. non-servo (06)

Tire Pressure Monitoring (option)

ASC (traction control) - (option)

Colors are the same. Pricing is slightly higher. Bike is just as fast both years. Yes, both years have adjustable bars and the ESA option.

kris

Other way around. The 06 GT had the same servo brake system as the Brick-based GT. The 07 GT uses the brand new Teves non-servo system.

Other changes: They made a running change to the seat not long ago that is purportedly much more comfortable. Also there was an firmware update that makes the bike a lot more driveable.

Other way around. The 06 GT had the same servo brake system as the Brick-based GT. The 07 GT uses the brand new Teves non-servo system.

Other changes: They made a running change to the seat not long ago that is purportedly much more comfortable. Also there was an firmware update that makes the bike a lot more driveable.

Can't believe I made that mistake.... dang. blush.gif

The firmware update was in 2006, only the early models were with the older software... and if the '06 owner has been to a dealer - then they've been updated also (easy update). The seat is the same between the two years - no changes that I know of... feels the same when I sit on them, looks the same, so I'm not sure of what you're speaking.

kris

Lets_Play_Two

"The seat is the same between the two years - no changes that I know of... feels the same when I sit on them, looks the same, so I'm not sure of what you're speaking."

Seat was changed with late Nov. 2006 production. On new seat rider's portion is longer, front to back and the connection between rider and pillion was changed slightly. If you want info. see Sargent site for 2007 GT seat.

>I think they are both in the shop about the same amount of time,,a lot<

I sure hope not. I just bought an '07 GT. Taking it in for the 600 mile service tomorrow. Hope it doesn't need to see the shop for a long time after that.

"The seat is the same between the two years - no changes that I know of... feels the same when I sit on them, looks the same, so I'm not sure of what you're speaking."

Seat was changed with late Nov. 2006 production. On new seat rider's portion is longer, front to back and the connection between rider and pillion was changed slightly. If you want info. see Sargent site for 2007 GT seat.

Considering I've sold some 20+ K1200GTs... I'm guessing It wasn't a very drastic change, cuz I would have noticed. Oh well. Next time I see a 06 and 07 together - you know I'll be checking it out.

kris

07 has a couple more options:

ASC ( I can't find one in stock that has this)

Xenon lights

TPM, I don't remember the 06 having this but could be wrong

It seems there is a new ECU for the later 07s that is much better than the original. Word is that you can have this upgraded on your 07 till June 1st for a discount.

I want a GT with every option available but it doesn't seem any dealers have one in stock. I may have to order and wait .

I sold my 04 K12GT in August last year in favor of a Mazda MX5. While the car is plenty fun to drive I'm missing that raw power and acceleration. bncry.gif Also getting out on the road with other riders was fun. smile.gif So, I'm thinking of getting back on a bike.

The 07 GT is appealing to me. The other option is the FJR1300. The only thing missing from the Yamaha that concerns me is a factory cruise control. I know it can be added after market but it looks like a real kluge job frown.gif to put an auto cruise control on a bike. My arms go numb after gripping the throttle for long periods so cruise is pretty much a must have for me.

It doesn't appear that there are any major differences between 06 & 07. I guess I would opt for an 07 at this point just to be sure some of the earlier problems might be gone from the one I get. I've seen some threads about mechanical drive problems which bothers me a little. To be fair though I've seen similar rants on other manufacturers forums about other problems as well. Heck, I even had to have a new differential put in my Mazda at 2,600 miles.

I know from experience that I have a great local BMW dealership and a good riding group also so I'll probably get another BMW. thumbsup.gif

Lets_Play_Two

"Considering I've sold some 20+ K1200GTs... I'm guessing It wasn't a very drastic change, cuz I would have noticed. Oh well. Next time I see a 06 and 07 together - you know I'll be checking it out."

I guess I am surprized you did not notice if you sell them. grin.gif It was obvious to me when I bought my GT in December with the new seat. It is pretty significant and obvious when they are side by side. Sargent was not aware of the change until I asked about it in March and they contacted BMW. They were just finishing up on their seat for the 06+ GT. The old style rider seat won't work with the new pillion so they are working on the pillion now.

Considering I've sold some 20+ K1200GTs... I'm guessing It wasn't a very drastic change, cuz I would have noticed. Oh well. Next time I see a 06 and 07 together - you know I'll be checking it out.

kris

It's changed. I have the new style seat on my KGT and it's a lot more comfortable than the original seat. I had to point it out to my dealer as he hadn't heard about it either. Apparantly BMW never mentioned it to the dealers. They don't look very different unless you know what you're looking for. Sitting on the original seat in the show room I was uncomfortable after 5 minutes. With the improved seat that came on my bike the longest day I've had was 9 hours in the saddle, but it was not a problem at all.

Archived