IGNORED

Yeeeehaaaaa......time for new tires

OoPEZoO

I have made the habit of looking down at my tire after I get home from work everyday. I didn't realize that my method was flawed. I usually do it when I'm standing to the right rear of the bike and bending over to undo the velcro cuff of my riding pants. Today, I walked around and inspected the left part of the tire......WOW what a difference. There isn't any tread there.....LOL. I've always heard of tires wearing more on the left side, but I didn't think it would end up being this noticable. I just hope they hold up for the weekend trip down to VA for the MAYhem.

For all those interested, I was running Z6's and got 10k miles out of them. Not too bad considering the first 3k miles or so on them was slabbing home from San Fran back to PA.

My next set are going to be the new Avon Storms. I had Avon Azaros on before the Z6's and would like to go back to having a little tread depth in the middle of the tire. Not to mention, I can't pass up the opertunity of being a guinea pig for new tires.

Southwest Moto, here I come.... thumbsup.gif

So you should be in good shape for our ride. thumbsup.gif

ISYHTRAH

Yup, I should be good to go. I put new rear brakes on a few months ago, and just swapped my worn out front pads with less worn out pads I had been saving for a special occation. Followed up by a fresh brake bleed, and I'll have new tires put on next week. That covers the Go Fast and the Stop Quick.......the rest is just minor details right?

Today, I walked around and inspected the left part of the tire......WOW what a difference. There isn't any tread there.....LOL.

For all those interested, I was running Z6's and got 10k miles out of them.

You and I are in the same boat, but if I got 10,000 miles out of my Z6, I'd put 'em on again. I got a lousy 6000 miles on it (same for 3 sets now) and it's shot on the left shoulder with lots of tread left on the right side.

I think I'm going to go with the ME 880's though for longer tread life unless there is an even higher mileage compound out there. How do the Avons rate for wear?

Today, I walked around and inspected the left part of the tire......WOW what a difference. There isn't any tread there.....LOL.

For all those interested, I was running Z6's and got 10k miles out of them.

You and I are in the same boat, but if I got 10,000 miles out of my Z6, I'd put 'em on again. I got a lousy 6000 miles on it (same for 3 sets now) and it's shot on the left shoulder with lots of tread left on the right side.

I think I'm going to go with the ME 880's though for longer tread life unless there is an even higher mileage compound out there. How do the Avons rate for wear?

People in Pennsylvania get more miles from our tires because with all the bumps and pot holes the tires hardly touch the asphalt.

How do the Avons rate for wear?

I don't have any first hand experience there. My bike had Avons on it when I bought it, so I don't know how many miles were on them when I had them yanked off. I'm happy with the 10k miles from the Z6, but I still want to try out the Storms. At the rate I've been riding recently, I think I should easily be able to tear through them pretty quickly......then I can give an accurate mileage expectation.

People in Pennsylvania get more miles from our tires because with all the bumps and pot holes the tires hardly touch the asphalt.

I've also made the crack a few times that the roads here in PA are so bad that I am thinking about trading in my RT for a GS (for highway commuting).... lmao.gif

You did, and I replied. I don't know where it went.

Anyway, I had said that frost heaves up there will keep you air born. So a GS would be perfect.

Dave, are you still with us? thumbsup.gif

ISYHTRAH

Jim Miller

How do the Avons rate for wear?

I have 12,377 miles on my Avon Azaros right now and they're nearing the wear bars. I've run 42/40 psi the whole time. These are by far the best tires I've ever sampled. Waaaaay better than the OE Bridgestones. I have a set of Storms on order right now to replace the Azaros.

Archived