IGNORED

Help? 1200rt fell off side stand

MrBee

Minor damage to brand new bike. The muffler seems a bit close to rear tire. How much clearance should there be? Can it be adjusted?

gettysburg

In the manual, it mentions the gap should be about as thick as the screwdriver handle which comes with the tool-kit. It also explains how to loosen the bolt and swing the muffler out of the way when changing a tire.

Same thing happened to me. dopeslap.gif I was able to pull the exhaust away from the tire and it re-aligned without a problem. clap.gif

Yeah, I recall the section of the MOM discussing removal of the rear wheel includes instructions for losening the muffler system to swing out of the way of the wheel. Should be the fix to realign your temporary "customization".

ack! one of my nightmares.

MrBee - Didn't we talk last year about riding to techday in CT? Looks like you got an RT. Did you make it to last month's and we didn't connect?

Hello bmw_kieth:

Yes we did try to connect last year at Tech days. This year I chose to take the first aid course on Sunday. Thus, we did not connect yet. Someday I hope!

Thanks to you all for your advise. I was able to adjust my new custom features. I hope you will overlook the new black marks on my left side valve cover, should you see me around. I'd rather not explain how I added those features!!!

Why yes you did. I was there with my wife. It was fun. I cannot place you! Sorry. Can you give more information?

MrBee

• 1 month later...
Minor damage to brand new bike. The muffler seems a bit close to rear tire. How much clearance should there be? Can it be adjusted?

Did you side stand break?!? How did this happen?

Archived