IGNORED

Prepping the GS for Torrey

azkaisr

So I got up this morning with the intent of getting the GS ready for the run this weekend. I have been spending money on the thing like it is going out of style and discovering that just buying the "Government Mule" is only the beginning.

After missing the obvious yet again, I finally realized that I had a bypass for the Electrics and went to work on making the tank bag.

I bought a mini bag because I just want to have one that has my electrics in it. I also have a back up big bag.

152420734-L.jpg

I cut a small cutting board in half and had both a mounting plate and a cover

152420836-L.jpg

Lift up the white cover and you see the brains of the operation. One of the risks I have is that this bag is live all the time. Therefore I got a 3 slot adapter with an on/off switch from Target for like $8.00. The last slot has a 4 slot adapter for Radar and GPS. Now I needed to test it real quick

The Rim Riders were taking a quick jaunt to Payson. I had too much to do, but headed up to say good morning to them and test the radio.

152413516-L.jpg

Angie got herself a new steed too! I will never keep up with her now. I am really happy for her.

We decided to hook up later to change my tires at their place. Let me tell you all something, I am one lucky SOB. It is not cool here today and they were still willing to help me get tires mounted. I love Shelley and Angie.

152412163-L.jpg

Have tires will travel

152412410-L.jpg

I tell you guys its a dry heat? At least the rubber was soft.

152412322-L.jpg

You will not find better balanced tires. Anyplace.

152412695-L.jpg

Ok the bike is now pretty much ready. Tomorrow two more mounts come from Cycle Gadgets. One for the Sat radio and the other for my little video mount. Now before you all start claiming I have enough stuff to chase Jacqueline all the way to Barrow and back, that silver bag has mostly photo stuff (tripods, lens, etc.) in it. The black bag is my temp tool bag.

I also changed out the cylinder guards and added a headlight protector. Now if I can move a few more meetings, I may sneak out early.

See ya in Utah!

Kaisr

russell_bynum

Sweet!

My shiznit is ready. Changed the oil and adjusted the chain on the Tuono, then remounted the luggage. Changed the oil on the DRZ and installed the exhaust header guard.

Changed the oil and did a chassis lube on the truck.

All I have to do now is throw everything in the truck on Wednesday night and I'm ready to duck out early on Thursday.

Sweet!

dy

My shiznit is ready. Changed the oil and adjusted the chain on the Tuono, then remounted the luggage. Changed the oil on the DRZ and installed the exhaust header guard.

Changed the oil and did a chassis lube on the truck.

All I have to do now is throw everything in the truck on Wednesday night and I'm ready to duck out early on Thursday.

Good job Russell, but did ya get around to washing the truck, you know, so you can SEE Utah? grin.gif

Tom, bikes lookin' awesome. I'll check it out in Torrey!

See you both in a couple of days.

russell_bynum
Good job Russell, but did ya get around to washing the truck, you know, so you can SEE Utah? grin.gif

Nope. I washed it last July so it isn't due yet.

I only need to squeegee the windows at a gas station to be able to see Utah. smile.gif

Archived