IGNORED

Swivel Bike Stand

ndfellow

I've search and can't find a way to put my RT on a swivel stand (with the center stand) and be able to move the bike around the garage, or better yet just turn it 180 degrees. I could have sworn I've seen this on this website but I can't.

I'm trying to basically do this: pull in my garage, put the bike on the center stand, on this devise, and swivel it 180 degrees so it's ready to head back out the door!!

Thanks

I've search and can't find a way to put my RT on a swivel stand (with the center stand) and be able to move the bike around the garage, or better yet just turn it 180 degrees. I could have sworn I've seen this on this website

Here perhaps ?

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

The recent issue of Motorcycle Consumer News evaluated this product, they liked it but said is was a little pricey at $185. They suggested you put a piece of 1/2-inch wood down and try to lift your bike onto it using the center stand. If your bike is already hard to manage that extra 1/2-inch may be too much.

I'm curious about these posts I've seen regarding turning the bike in your garage. I've seen my dealer move several RT's around just on the center stand themselves. No extra tools required. I would never do it myself but they sure make it look easy. I didn't pay much attention but i'm thinking they pushed on the front of the bike to keep it from folding in. Just didn't seem to be a need to drop any extra $$ to do this.

Personally, I just back out. smile.gif

I'm curious about these posts I've seen regarding turning the bike in your garage. I've seen my dealer move several RT's around just on the center stand themselves. No extra tools required. I would never do it myself but they sure make it look easy. I didn't pay much attention but i'm thinking they pushed on the front of the bike to keep it from folding in. Just didn't seem to be a need to drop any extra $$ to do this.

That is how I turn mine around from time to time . Need a smooth floor though ,turns very easily . Dave

That is how I turn mine around from time to time . Need a smooth floor though ,turns very easily . Dave

I do that occasionally to change the direction of the bike slightly. It strikes me that it might not be a good idea to use it to rotate the bike by 180 degrees on a regular basis however. It stresses the center stand in a direction that it probably wasn't designed for. I would worry about it causing some damage to the center stand if done routinely. Maybe I just like to worry.

I purchased the Wunderlich Dolly ( 240.00 smackers) as I have a small garage and needed to be able to not only swivel my bike, but to move it around the garage while up on the stand.

It its made of solid steel, and has a heavy duty dual caster with a brake on each corner. You just lock a brake or two ( on the dolly), put it under your bike and then up on the center stand.

Then your entire motorcycle moves around like a butterbean on a greasy plate ( after you unlock the brakes on the dolly of course). VERY nice construction.

I have a ratcheting bike tiedown ( came 2 to a pack, think I got them at PEPBOYS) that I use for safety:

i place 1 hook on the centerstand left leg, then loop thru the front wheel, then the other hook to the centerstand right leg, and then i ratchet slightly, just enough so its not stressing the wheel in any meaningful way, but tight enough that theres no way the centerstand will collapse.

Oh and the straps are of course SAFETY ORANGE so you cant miss them...plus the steering is locked this way so...

anyway, it was pricey but in my case worth every penny.

I can navigate "BIG WILLY" around the garage pretty easily.

I park my car in all the way, then drive BIG WILLY in beside, then up on the dolly, then drag BIG WILLY around to the front of my car (my car t-boning BIG WILLY) and then I have enough room to put SHORTY beside my car, and still room to walk in and out of the garage AND use the laundry machines (ok, "I" dont use the laundry stuff, but my wonderfull wife does). I'm one lucky dude now that I think about it. Maybe its times for some flowers... yeah thats the ticket.

thumbsup.gif

Here at the office, the floor is very, very smooth with an even smoother final coat of some kind of lacquer, and I just turn the bike (an LT) on the centerstand. At home however, the floor (poured in 1954) is extremely rough, so I got the TURNABIKE. Love it........

Pat

Archived