IGNORED

R1100Rt right foot comfort

Boone60

I'm still trying to get comfortable on my 2000 R1100RT. I've changed my posture as suggested to flexing forward at the hips, but I'm finding that the brake lever is to high and not in line with the angle of the foot peg. I see there is some adjusment available, but I would like to ask if anyone has dealt with this and if so how.

Thanks in Advance,

Dan

I purchased a brake pedal extension from somewhere. Hmmmmm, cant remember where. Maybe A&S Cycles?

It improved my rear brake foot ergonomics tremendously. Was inexpensive as well. I highly recommend.

I looked at the C&S site and only saw something that makes the brake pedal larger, but I would like to get the pedal out of my way. I'm bringing it into the dealer for new tires this week, so I'll ask if the pedal is where it shold be or if the previous owner decided to raise the pedal.

Take Care,

Dan

ShovelStrokeEd

There is some adjustment available, quite a bit, actually. It shouldn't be too hard to get it down and out of your way. It is already designed so you don't inadvertently ride with your boot on the pedal, causing the brake to drag. I have some pretty fancy rearsets on my bike and am able to position the pedal such that there is no interference with my boot while I'm dancing around. Pedal is pretty short as well, requiring me to turn my toe inward to engage the brake which is just how I like it.

Archived