IGNORED

Harbor Freight Tire Changer on Sale till May 29th.

keithb

If anyone is thinking about a tire changer Harbor Freight has their unit on sale for $29.99 and the M/C attachment is on sale for $39.99. The sale ends May 29, 2007

Sounds like a steal, but my check of their website reflects a somewhat higher price - got a link to the sale?

I just knew when I bought mine 2 years ago, they would drop the price, Even paying full price though, its way past paying for itself.

Slyder_Steve

I was in my local HF Thursday and saw the same thing. Their online prices aren't necessarily the same as the in store prices.

Steve

I was in my local HF Thursday and saw the same thing. Their online prices aren't necessarily the same as the in store prices.

Steve

Yes they have 'in store specials'. That is how I got the $4 flashlight that will outshine Spyder's $200 flashlight ( grin.gif)

markgoodrich

I saw the same thing today, but back in the Goldwing Day, the guys who bought them would complain about banged up wheels, and go to great lengths to modify the things to keep that from happening. Any comments in this regard?

Having just paid fiftyleven gazillion dollars today at my local dealer for one tire, I'm ready to buy a changer, but as I said, the GL guys whined about 'em, always raved about the "No Mar" brand, which itself costs a gazillion. If there's a set of mods that make this thing work right, I'd love to see pix and details.

Thx.

I modified my harbor freight tire changer by wrapping the jaws with electrical tape. That is it - I did not make any fancy covers, only tape. I replaced the tape after doing the first wheel just incase it ripped thru.

You also want to use a strap around one of the wheel spokes and HF tire changer. This will keep the wheel from slipping in the jaws.

I bought one of Mitch's mojo levers which worked very well.

Mark

Sorry for the slow reply. The flyer was mailed out to me. I am sure you could get the sale prices. I grew up in Richmond. West End. Been gone a long time but still have my parents and friends there. What part of the city do you live in?

KB

Archived