IGNORED

MP3 and R1200RT cd player

gerreboo

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the R1200RT professional cd unit can read, in a way or another, any mp3 cd's ?

I tried several option but it seems not to work.

My bike is a 2005 r12rt, with radio cd equipement from factory.

Thanks a lot.

François

Welcome to the board! I have a 2006 RT with the factory radio/CD player. I don't think it will play mp3 files. I use iTunes, and if I burn the CD as a standard audio CD, it works on the bike. Of course, I'm looking forward to installing BMW's iPod interface cable so I can access more songs. grin.gif Try searching the Bike-Related Things section for "iPod" to find some posts on this (and other) options.

Yes I agree, if you burn a cd with Itunes, it creates standard audio files.

The only problem is that you can only put 10 or 15 songs on the cd.

If you find an easy, reliable and nice solution to integrate an Ipod, please share your experience !

Thanks

Yes, I burned a CD with music downloaded from Napster and it worked fine on my 2006 R 1200RT. Was thrilled that it did work...listen to the CD much more than the radio.

Yes I agree, if you burn a cd with Itunes, it creates standard audio files.

The only problem is that you can only put 10 or 15 songs on the cd.

If you find an easy, reliable and nice solution to integrate an Ipod, please share your experience !

Thanks

iTunes can either burn AIFF CD's (normal audio format) or MP3 CD's. Note - The RT CD player does NOT recognize MP3 CD's. (I just tried one) It WILL read burned AIFF CD's (AIFF is normal format for a CD (Audio Interchange File Format)

Archived