IGNORED

What a GPS will tell you

xoomerite

While I was on vacation at the beach, I took a ride down to the Francis Marion National Forest.

Sign at ranger's station

In order to see the raw, interesting parts of the park, I chose a city in the park and picked a street at random. I figured that this would provide interest to the ride. As I went along, I was directed onto an unimproved road. I thought that the dear old GPS was handing me a short cut to this quaint little town. As the road became less improved.

big hole

I began to wonder about the GPS, but pressed onward.

what this bike was made for

After many miles, fallen trees, deer, rabbits, and lessening improvement, I grew faint of heart with my conviction to continue.

time to turn around

Twenty some odd miles of dirt is more than interesting on the ST.

When I got to where I could see an actual map of the area, I found that the street that I had chosen at random was actually in the middle of the forest.

Back in the days of maps (you know, hard copy print outs), I once got lost trying to follow what I later realized was a river. I've also tried to follow county lines. At least ignorance makes for interesting trips.

After many miles, fallen trees, deer, rabbits, and lessening improvement, I grew faint of heart with my conviction to continue.

time to turn around

Nah, you can just wheelie over that stuff. Looks like fun.

Archived