IGNORED

Cary ?

Brant Herbert

Brant Herbert

I'm guessing that Cary will not be attending due to responsibilities with his business. But I had this green hat idea.

I think it would be cool to have a short video message from Cary that got posted on the BBS the week before people leave, a little send-off message, whatever Cary wanted to say. Surely there's a Bay Area local with a DV camera that could capture a nice "Have fun boys and girls!" video shot with Marin BMW as a backdrop. smile.gif

??

Brant, you're right. I spoke with Cary yesterday and he's 90% sure he can't make it. He said he was going to look up flight times and costs, but right now his shop is taking up all of his time, literally 24/7.

However, I'm sure he'd love your idea. Let me contact him and see if he's up for it. Give me an idea of the length of the tape you/DCB/we can host, as well as its approx size (in mb???) and I'll see if Cary will do it and the Jonathan can edit it on his Mac and prep it to post here.

Brant Herbert

Give me an idea of the length of the tape you/DCB/we can host, as well as its approx size (in mb???)color=blue>

I'm not sure, I've never done video, but based on some MPG encoded files I've seen, a small frame, 45-60 second MPG file might run 5 Mb (just a wag). I don't know about other encoding formats like AVI, etc. I'm also assuming David might have the temp space to host this? David?

Remember we have Billy Mensch in the house, who in a past life was a pro movie Hollyweird guy. I think he has a DV camera.

I talked to Cary today, and he is going to try to come, though it didn't sound promising. If he comes, he'll fly into Denver and borrow a bike from the BMW dealership there.

OK, here's the latest.

Cary WILL attend the rally. He's flying into Denver Saturday evening and getting a room. Sunday he'll rent a car and drive to Gunnison, arriving in the early afternoon. He's bunking with me at the Comfort Inn. He'll be at the rally on Monday, leaving around 7PM in order to get back to Denver by 11PM, get a room, and catch a Monday 6:30AM flight back to SF and go straight to work.

Ideally, Cary would like to borrow a bike from the Denver BMW dealer, ride to Gunnison, ride around some on Monday, and ride back. Unfortunately, he doesn't know the dealer and even if he did, it would involve picking him up and dropping him off at the airport at some very late hours. The dealer might live far away from the airport, too.

Therefore, I've told Cary he can have access to my bike on Monday. I'll be hanging around the rally site. But on Tuesday, I'm riding and someone else will have to cover my duties at the site.

I'd like to keep Cary's participation quiet and spring it on the attendees at the Monday morning opening ceremonies. So please keep this to yourselves.

Thanks.

Archived