IGNORED

Went Down Today

truckdogg4

truckdogg4

Well it finally happened. Went down on my RT today. I was riding along in the right lane when a guy in a work van decided I didn't need to be in that lane. He tried to pass me on the right between the guard rail and the bike. He took out my right saddle bag, handlebar, mirror, and my right knee. Then he decided to keep going. Lucky for me the guy in the left lane behind me saw everything and got his license plate number. The muscle in my left back has been hurting all day and my knee looks like a softball but nothing broken except the bike. I consider that being really lucky. crazy.gif

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

I'm real sorry, but I hope the nail the jerk for Hit-and-run when the cops find him.

wrestleantares
Well it finally happened. Went down on my RT today. I was riding along in the right lane when a guy in a work van decided I didn't need to be in that lane. He tried to pass me on the right between the guard rail and the bike. He took out my right saddle bag, handlebar, mirror, and my right knee. Then he decided to keep going. Lucky for me the guy in the left lane behind me saw everything and got his license plate number. The muscle in my left back has been hurting all day and my knee looks like a softball but nothing broken except the bike. I consider that being really lucky. crazy.gif

Had that happen to me once (without the getting hit part). Now I watch my rear view mirrors alot more often on roads with big shoulders.

Glad any injuries are minor. Bikes can be fixed a bit more readily, and if they can't you can get a new one.

Ouch!

I'm looking forward to reading the PS to your orignal post where you tell us about what happened to the person who bumped you.

Heal fast.

Glad to hear that you are not seriously hurt.

If you don't mind......I would be interested if you keep everyone informed of how/what happens with tracking down the driver.

I was a victim of a "hit and run" a few years ago. A POS mid '80s Subaru station wagon ran me off the road one afternoon while riding my old GSXR1100. I was riding along minding my business about 5 mph over the posted 35 mph limit when I felt something hit my left boot. I looked back to notice it was the right front fender of a light blue Subaru station wagon. By the time I realized what had happened, he nudged me again......this time enough to get me off the road. I went down a small embankment and into a parking lot of a Dairy Queen. I was all over the place, but managed to save it and keep the bike upright. When I got stopped, I turned and looked......the guy was going down the road like nothing had ever happened. I was in such a state of shock i didn't know what to do. The two people working in the Dairy Queen came running out because they saw what happened. I never saw his plate, and no other cars were around to assist. Looking back, I still have no explanation of why or what happened. I called the police, but without a good description or a plate.....they couldn't do much. Anyway.....I'm done hijacking your thread now. I'm just curious to see how everything pans out.

Heal up quick

gettysburg
The muscle in my left back has been hurting all day and my knee looks like a softball but nothing broken except the bike. I consider that being really lucky. crazy.gif

If you haven't been checked out by a doctor, don't assume anything about your injuries. Both me and my doctor were sure I just sprained my wrist when I went down on my bike last December. Aside from some tenderness, I had full range of motion w/minimal swelling. However, X-rays revealed a fractured scaphoid.

Glad you are okay, however, like James says you should go get x-rayed and make sure nothing in that leg is fractured. I hope that guy gets caught quickly and gets some jail time, the friggin' idiot. Rest up and heal quickly.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Sorry to hear, but glad that you weren't seriously injured. I agree that you should probably be checked over by a Doc, but I wouldn't either, and the wife is no longer around to make me. smile.gif

Francois_Dumas

Now THIS would be a real opportunity to discuss çarrying', 'Glocks' and that sort of thing. I say he deserved something like shooting the crap out of his front tires..... eek.gif

Glad you're relatively okay and hope they have better laws where you are than here (where the guy would just get a gentle slap on his wrist)!!

Lineareagle

Man I would be sooo pissed at someone doing that, I would be tempted to hunt them down myself.

Glad you are OK, get checked out real well and hope you are back up and riding soon.

Francois_Dumas
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif No chance in this part of the world... only criminals are 'allowed' to have 'em wink.gif
Urban Surfer
Now THIS would be a real opportunity to discuss çarrying', 'Glocks' and that sort of thing. I say he deserved something like shooting the crap out of his front tires..... eek.gif

Glad you're relatively okay and hope they have better laws where you are than here (where the guy would just get a gentle slap on his wrist)!!

I believe that every one who travels on two wheels should have the right to defend them selves.

I wouldn't be shooting at the tires.

motorman587

Why is carrying a weapon always the answer. If you have time to, "draw", "aim" and "shoot" then you pretty sure had enough time to brake swerve. Yes I understand that it pisses off people when we get run off the road, but road rage is not the answer.

I would not consider it "Road Rage". Shooting someone that knocked me down would be justice. thumbsup.gif I (Any rider)could have been killed and the jerk hits and runs? I'm not a group hug and kiss and make up kind of guy. lmao.gif

Well, unless the driver turned around and was trying to finish you off shooting at them would be the thing to do if you wanted to lose your concealed carry license... and go to jail.

truckdogg4

I got myself checked out and just bruised and sore. Got good news today. They found the guy and his insurance will cover everything. Thanks for all the good words.

I got myself checked out and just bruised and sore. Got good news today. They found the guy and his insurance will cover everything. Thanks for all the good words.

Glad to hear that your bills and bike will be covered. What did they do about the driver???????

Why is carrying a weapon always the answer. If you have time to, "draw", "aim" and "shoot" then you pretty sure had enough time to brake swerve. Yes I understand that it pisses off people when we get run off the road, but road rage is not the answer.

I'm with Francois.

I have a set of these mounted to my GS, swivel at the rear and fixed up front. They help keep riffraff like that hit-and-run jackass at a distance:

60126758-L.jpg

Kidding, of course. It would be fun, though....

Heal well, and I hope you heal fast.

Doug

I, too, have been hit n run, by some ass who thought it was funny. I was lucky - low speeds and 'gentle' bump (is it really gentle when a thousand moving pounds of steel push on your bike a foot and a half from your body?)

As I've posted here before, the quote from the office was "no harm, no foul." I had the plate number, but they declined to go after him. I hope your local friendlies are more impressed given the fact that you were taken down.

Let us know, please. I know, it may be some time before you find out.

Heal fast. thumbsup.gif

Awesome news......glad to hear not seriously hurt, plus that they found the guy AND HE HAS INSURANCE. I have this bad thought in the back of my mind that people like that are usually uninsured illegal aliens in a stolen vehicles.

Now its time to go shopping for a new bike thumbsup.gif

I would think that anyone who thinks a gun would "help" in that situation would be a much bigger hazard than the jerk in the car.

Last summer I was in heavy traffic moving 80-85 coming down Cajon Pass. A car driver passed on the right shoulder at about 100. He hit a large plastic bumper cover and lower valance (5.5' wide and 1.5" tall) and it went spinning into my lane in front of me. After hitting that and struggling to stay upright, I was so pissed off that my first thought was to chase him and get his license number. Well, OK my FIRST thought was to kill him with my bare hands. Fortunately I realized that would not be a good idea in my present emotional state.

clap.gif

They charged him with reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, and hit & run.

Are any of those felonies?

They charged him with reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, and hit & run.

Good to hear, I hope it sticks. Now we can all just wish that it would make the papers........you know.....the way that everytime some moron kid kills himself doing something stupid on a crotch rocket.

BTW.....is there any chance that you will get to see the guy face to face? I think the only way that justice would really be done is if he would have to look you and your family (if applicable) in the eye and tell you that he is sorry. I know that if I was in the situation......he wouldn't have to worry about me......but all bets are off with what my Mom and Girlfriend would do to him.

Once again, glad to hear you are OK, and that they found the bastard.

If you have time to, "draw", "aim" and "shoot" then you pretty sure had enough time to brake swerve.

That's why I skip that time-consuming part about "aiming"

Man, I'm glad to hear that you were'nt hurt worst and that they ID the scum bag. Now, besides his insurance putting up the cash what will he have to put up? Does he pay a fine, get a record, lose his licence for some time? Seems he should have greater consequences than just the insurance covers the cost of replacing the bike and your med bills. I'm just saying maybe he has to stand naked on a highway in rush hour. grin.gifYeah, yeah that's the ticket. clap.gif

You might contact the AMA (American Motorcycle Association) and see if they are interested in making an example out of this guy. It might help prevent another person from doing the same.

Regarding the Glock comments, revenge is a dish best served cold. I can't see getting even for an accident by opening up on someone or their car.

Tom

Archived