Blinkin ABS Lights Again!!!

Cyruscosmo

Cyruscosmo

Hello All

I bought my R1200CE in 2001 and since then have come to love ABS brakes. My last two bikes being a 1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador and a 1975 Moto Guzzi El Derado had a nasty habit of wobbling in the front end on a hard stop, so much so that my buddies nick named um both Lil Loose Gooses… The front brakes were extremely touchy as well and stopping on a wet road was out of the question.

So to the point… My ABS lights are blinking yet again. After three new batteries and a couple trips to the shop since 2001 I thought the problem was done. So instead of taking it to the shop to have them charge me way to much money to reset the whatever it is they reset with the diagnostics machine yet again... I want to figure out how to do it myself.

I am a mechanic by trade and have been doing all the maintenance work on the bike since the warranty ran out and I am thinking it is about time to figure out the electronics of the situation as well. So can anyone tell me how to, or point me in the right direction to learn how to hook my computer to the bike and do it myself?

Scott

Joe Frickin' Friday

Hi Scott, welcome aboard. Sorry you're having trouble with your ABS.

You don't need a fancy computer to read the ABS computer on the oilhead bikes from those years; a simple voltmeter will do.

click here, go to page 71 and 72 to find out how to read and interpret the error codes from the ABS computer via the diagnostic connector under the seat just behind the fuse box.

Archived