IGNORED

Green light triggers

copbike

Many of the stop lights in DC, MD and VA have the new stop light triggers but many do not and many small town stop lights do not either.

So, prior to my last road trip to CT, I bought one of those magnetic green light triggers that attach to the bottom of the bike.

I pull into the NJ turnpike toll booth to get my ticket and nothing happens...I'm sitting there for about 2 to 3 minutes, (you can imagine how everyone behind me was very understanding). I'm getting no help from the toll takers. Then I look up at the ticket dispenser for the truckers, you know the ones that are like 7 ft. off the ground, and there to my astonishment is my ticket!!

Apparently, the magnet in the green light trigger is so strong, the ticket dispensers see me as an 18 wheeler!

Be aware...it's quite a stretch to reach the ticket while straddleing a bike!

dopeslap.gif

Ride safe.

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif.....Thats funny

Unrelated but involving toll booths and equally as irritating. I was traveling with my Dad on the turnpike. Me on my RT, and my Dad on his Goldwing and towing a trailer. He was forced to pay a MUCH higher toll because they charge you based on how many axles you have eek.gif. That one had us scratching our heads around the campfire for a little while. You know.....because obviously he was doing as much damage to the road as a fully loaded Excursion, with a topper, and towing a large camper.

Lone_RT_rider

Oop.... Please dont apply logic to Governmental practices. We would hate to have to get the men with the white suits after you for such lunacy. grin.gif

Shawn

Oop.... Please dont apply logic to Governmental practices. We would hate to have to get the men with the white suits after you for such lunacy. grin.gif

Shawn

Oh yeah......my bad. Hold on a sec, let me dumb things down dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

OK, I'm better now

Apparently, the magnet in the green light trigger is so strong, the ticket dispensers see me as an 18 wheeler!

Hey Tim did they charge you the 18 wheel rate eek.gif

W. Mazelin
lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif.....Thats funny

Unrelated but involving toll booths and equally as irritating. I was traveling with my Dad on the turnpike. Me on my RT, and my Dad on his Goldwing and towing a trailer. He was forced to pay a MUCH higher toll because they charge you based on how many axles you have eek.gif. That one had us scratching our heads around the campfire for a little while. You know.....because obviously he was doing as much damage to the road as a fully loaded Excursion, with a topper, and towing a large camper.

Only slightly unrelated - around where I live, on 1 of the tollways motorcycles can ride for free, all you need to do is get the toll transponder, all the other tollways we are charged the same way, by the # of axles.

all the other tollways we are charged the same way, by the # of axles.

.....yea but,does a single sided swingarm really have an axle???

Hey, that's GOOD!! They have to charge you the same as a Segway! lmao.gif

I have a question. Will these things trip exit security gates? My Condo complex has a security gate that does not open when I'm on Nub. I have to get off go down a little hill around a fence up the hill put my code in the entry gate system. Run through the entry gate. Jump on the bike and get through it as it's begining to close. Or wait for someone to enter or exit.

ISYHTRAH

Good question. All I know is that the trigger is a magnet. You could always purchase one, ($12 to $24) or see if someone in your area has a bike with one and try it.

Maybe someone else has a better recommendation? grin.gif

W. Mazelin

Hey, that's GOOD!! They have to charge you the same as a Segway! lmao.gif

That means those rat-bastards have been rippin us off! Son-of-a-bi+ch !!

I have used Green Light Triggers on all of my recent motorcycles, including my Suzuki GS850G, Yamaha Venture Royale, and BMW R1100RT. So far I have NEVER had any success getting them to trigger a light! There are several lights on my commute to work and since I have never been able to get them to trigger I have had to use other routes to avoid getting stuck at the lights. Recently I contacted Green Light Trigger and told them of the problem. Their response was to blame the light trigger system designers as the problem couldn't be with their product. They even sent me another trigger to put next to the first one on my bike, but I still get nothing when sitting at a light. I have been told that the local traffic authorities can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensors to pick up a motorcycle but I haven't been able to get any interest going from them.

I guess I will just avoid the lights.

Terry cool.gif

I have used Green Light Triggers on all of my recent motorcycles, including my Suzuki GS850G, Yamaha Venture Royale, and BMW R1100RT. So far I have NEVER had any success getting them to trigger a light! There are several lights on my commute to work and since I have never been able to get them to trigger I have had to use other routes to avoid getting stuck at the lights. Recently I contacted Green Light Trigger and told them of the problem. Their response was to blame the light trigger system designers as the problem couldn't be with their product. They even sent me another trigger to put next to the first one on my bike, but I still get nothing when sitting at a light. I have been told that the local traffic authorities can adjust the sensitivity of the light sensors to pick up a motorcycle but I haven't been able to get any interest going from them.

I guess I will just avoid the lights.

Terry cool.gif

I just wait a reasonable amount of time (say 30 seconds) and then run the light. lmao.gif

Archived