IGNORED

Poll, do you wave at scooter riders?

NoHeat

Do you wave at scooter riders?  

516 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is mainly for those who, while riding a motorcycle, often see scooter riders.

(But just to satisfy those of you who don't, I provide a box you can tick, too.)

Sure I wave when I see them... It's fun to watch them wobble all over the road in their surprise as they try to wave back... tongue.gifgrin.gif

Bheckel169

I purchased an 05 Scarabeo 500 scooter and loved it. Those italians know how to make a beautiful scoot. I could crank it to 95 mph with no problem and I always enjoyed the HD guys going by and waving and in mid-wave realizing I was on a scooter. Cracked me up. It was like they were trying to rescind the wave in mid flight.

Bruce

Shawnee Bill

Well, I don't often see them, but I usually wave when I do, so I checked that box wave.gif

But remember, I have two scooters in my garage.

When I'm on the Majestey, I always wave big at Harleys and Goldwings when I blow by them on the Interstate lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I usually wave at all riders, regardless of what they are on. I've had the hots for a maxi-scoot for a while now, I especially like what I am reading about the all new 2007 Burgman 400.

I saw one guy comming at me on what looked like a sport.He had full face helmet, racing leathers, knee puck and all. I waved, and as he went by, I realized he was on a scooter!

Had to chuckle on that one!

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Ever since I was coming out of Target one day and was gearing up for my trip home and I overheard a small boys say to his mother, "mommy, look at that pretty blue scooter," I feel I have to. grin.gif

Bheckel169

that was probably me. The Scarabeo 500 from the front looks just like a nice touring bike with top case.

Bruce

If I am riding with other scooters (gang?) I will give the old fashioned high sign (raised left fist above your head) to Harley riders. This usually is greeted with grins and a return high sign clap.gif

this scooter thread got me interested, so I looked up scooter in google.

Look at this scoot!

Hard To Believe This Is A Scoot

wow is all i can say.

I had a Yamaha Riva when I lived at the beach many years ago. Man did i love that thing.

Wish i still had it.

oh, and I wave a scooter peeps as well.

I pretty much wave at any rider.

One curious note tho, if I'M not the first one to wave while Im on my RT:

1- sport bike riders almost always wave

2- older guys on harleys mostly wave

3- young 'bad-boy' types on harleys never wave.

4- scooter riders never wave

5- young boys in gradeschool buses wave AND drool (future riders obviously)

thumbsup.gif

I will give the old fashioned high sign (raised left fist above your head) to Harley riders

hahahaha lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

ok that is so awsome!

St_Louis_Don

Hell, I ride a scooter too. I always wave. But then I wave at HD's in tee shirts too. If they are on two wheels I wave.

Well, I don't often see them, but I usually wave when I do, so I checked that box wave.gif

Same here.

I gotta admit that I never wave at scooters...I wave at anything else that resembles a motorcycle but not scooters...I will have to mull that over as to why

I never wave at scooters on principle, I'm not sure what the principle is, but it has something to do with "aging Teds" grin.gif

As slow as I drive, I've been known to wave at bicyclists. They usually wave back by the way. My favorite after work, one hour wind down ride is also a favorite with cyclists. That is about all the traffic I see out through the country. I'm very careful when passing, giving them as much room as I can and not blowing by them. Sometimes I even pump my legs up and down as if I'm peddling. I'm out having fun, they're out having fun. We wave at each other in recognition of that fact.

I wave at scooters riders but they rarely wave back.

Yesterday I noticed a bicyclist give me a nod as we passed. I won't add them to my "wave" list, but my "nod" list has lots of room.

It's interesting to read what everyone says.

I live in a college town, where students (especially athletes) who don't want to walk or take the bus will ride scooters to class and practice. They are car drivers who can't park a car on campus, so on an impulse they buy a twist-and-go scooter as a car substitute. Which is all fine, but it means that they have no connection to motorcycle culture. They are no more likely to wave than a bus passenger or a pedestrian.

That's for my town, which might not be typical.

A more interesting case is Rome, Italy. There are more scooters than cars on the streets there. If people tend to wave when they see somebody who shares an uncommon situation with themselves, then I'd expect Roman car drivers to wave, but they don't, and neither do the scooter riders.

As slow as I drive, I've been known to wave at bicyclists. They usually wave back by the way. My favorite after work, one hour wind down ride is also a favorite with cyclists. That is about all the traffic I see out through the country. I'm very careful when passing, giving them as much room as I can and not blowing by them. Sometimes I even pump my legs up and down as if I'm peddling. I'm out having fun, they're out having fun. We wave at each other in recognition of that fact.

clap.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gif

This cyclist thanks you smile.gif

I usually ride my RT, and get waves routinely. Today I took my Dad's Honda Reflex for a ride and stopped at an otherwise empty T intersection to let a young guy on a Harley cross in front of me. He saw me well ahead of time, and I waved as I usually do. He didn't even give me a second glance. I felt like a second class citizen until I realized that he is the one with the problem.

I always wave at scooters, and especially given how powerful and expensive some of them are, I consider scooter riders one of us.

Jay

I tried waving at a scooter today and almost dislocated my shoulder. eek.gif

I'm not going to that at 110 anymore! grin.gif

RonStewart

I gave up on waving at them, even when I am riding mine. Scooter riders never wave back, and they never initiate.

Archived