IGNORED

Looking for suggestions on rain gloves.

eddd

Any suggestions for some simple (cheap) rain glove covers. I have some nice Tourmasters for serious cold rainy rides, but I'm looking for some simple rain covers for my regular riding gloves.

Thanks.

W. Mazelin

My wife & I use the Aerostich triple digit rain gloves. They do a tremendous job of keeping us dry. They fit over our regular riding gloves & they permit the heat from the grips to still keep our hands warm. I find them to get a little uncomfortable after about an hour or so. $47 per pair, I'll let you decide if that's cheap . . .

I don't think you can go wrong with the Aerostich covers, but I bought a cheap pair of gloves off Ebay that have a zippered pocket containing a rain cover on the gauntlet. The gloves sucked but I've been using the rain covers for about 5 years with no complaints. Here's a similar item Ebay

Of course for the super cheap route, you could always try to find a pair of rubber kitchen or gardening gloves large enough to fit over your riding gloves.

I've also got the Aerostitch triple digits. While they are waterproof, I find that my gloves tend to slip a bit inside the overgloves. Since I am having to grip tighter to keep them from slipping, my hands get tired more quickly. (Or maybe I'm gripping tighter due to stress from riding in heavy rain. confused.gifdopeslap.gif )

Anyway, from the "cheap" perspective, try going to Home Depot, Lowes or Harbor Freight and get some XXL heavy duty nitrile or rubber gloves which will fit OVER your regular gloves.

Good luck.

I've got several pair of gloves we use with our hazmat suits, they get get a bit warm and wet on the inside because they don't breathe. Good for short distances, but not for several hours.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

You want cheap? My wife uses a pair of rubber "dishwashing" gloves over her regular ones. They work great.

I just carry a second pair of goretex gloves to swap out with my regular ones when it starts raining.

I've pretty much gone to the Aerostich Triple Digits (aka Lobster Claws), after trying various types of gloves. I distinctly did not like the ones with a Gortex, or similar, lining that got absolutely soaked on the outside, and took forever to dry out.

BluesTraveler

I too got tierd of my so called rain gloves getting soaked on the outside and taking forever to dry out. While at an REI sale I got a pair of rain over mittens simular to the Aerostich claws (without the 3rd digit)just to try out. Well they work great as my hands and gloves stay nice and dry. My next will be from Aerostich. I want that 3rd digit for a little more comfort.

beemer_me_up

I use dive gloves, a light pair with stick-grip palm and fingers. For warmer weather only. They make all levels of dive gloves up to 3 finger mitts. Priced about the same as an average pair of motorcycle gloves. I like the dive gloves better. Check out your local dive shop thumbsup.gif

When I was at Bob's open house they had a display of over-gloves from Held. I never looked closely, but Held gear is usually some of the best around and priced accordingly. I have been using the Aerostich "Vulcan" salute overgloves for a couple years. The forced spread of the fingers causes minor but persistent muscle strain and gets a little bothersome after an hour, that is not the case if it is driving rain and I'm so grateful for dry hands I can't feel the strain.

Go to or call Morton's BMW. For $9.99, they have rubber gloves of various sizes that fit over all size gloves. Afterall, how many hours a year does one ride in the rain?

I've pretty much gone to the Aerostich Triple Digits (aka Lobster Claws), after trying various types of gloves. I distinctly did not like the ones with a Gortex, or similar, lining that got absolutely soaked on the outside, and took forever to dry out.

My only comment would be is to get the areostich triple a size larger, I wish i had. Still a great peace of kit, but at times in the wet and cold a size larger would be sweet.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. I grabbed a pair of the hazmat gloves, but since they don't have precurved fingers, I think they'll take extra hand strength.

While looking through my wade fishing gear I came across a pair of neoprene dive gloves that I forgot I had. They are nicely precurled, too. I think they'll work just fine. thumbsup.gif

I guess I should have started my search at home first. dopeslap.gif

Archived