IGNORED

Garmin Route Question

Steve Kolenda

Steve Kolenda

I recently constructed a route on my computer using Mapsource with City Navigator. The route consisted of five way points taking me from Lancaster PA to my home in NH. I downloaded the route and way-points to my 276C. When we left the hotel I realized that I had put Lancaster not the hotel that we were staying at as the starting point. No problem, I could see on the map that I wasn't far from the plotted route and headed in that direction. Well, we were enjoying the ride so much that I missed the proper intersection. At this point I decided to just do a recalculate. This brought me back on route. What I typically do after a situation like this is to stop the route and then reload the route again to be sure that the recalculate did not change my intended route. Well after reloading the route my via points were gone and the GPS routed me directly from start to finish. Am I having a brain cramp here or is this the way it should work and maybe I need to have a copy of the route with a different name?

Steve Kolenda

Thanks. Seems like I was always able to reload the route without a problem but its no big deal to have a copy.

Archived