Zumo/Edsets

realshelby

realshelby

I have been looking into products that would allow me to use my Garmin Zumo to interface the Bluetooth/phone, mp3 files, XM, and Navigation prompts. I have been using a set of Sony in-ear ear buds, they sound great and reduce external noise. I was constantly having trouble with the cord being jerked and loosening the ear bud-hard to fix with helmet on! Without a microphone I had no way to use the Bluetooth option. I recently ordered a set of Edsets speaker/microphone kits. It comes with a pair of helmet speakers, a helmet microphone, a "dangle" that hangs from the helmet, and a very nice detachable cable to go from helmet to the Zumo. Speaker placement is critical for volume, I am still working on that, but the way it integrates all the features of the Zumo is outstanding. Phone calls have no background noise of the kind you might expect on a motorcycle. I don't mind hooking up the cable each time I ride, I have not found a wireless setup that would not have problems to overcome. No affiliation, just pleased to have a product that plugged in with no modifications. www.edsets.com smile.gif

How is the volume at speed? I've got a Starcom headset that integrates very well. Speakers sound OK, but, volume is weak at highway speed. Using earplugs isn't even possible due to lack of volume, and, this is behind an Aeroflow screen!

realshelby

I currently am running the +3 1/2" Cee Bailey (Aeroflow is my choice in cooler temps) and I have the volume at 100% in the Zumo menu. I ride to work at 70 plus in the HOV lanes. It is 1 bar too loud without earplugs, with earplugs I run it at full volume. There is a big difference in volume depending on where the speakers are mounted, I may find a better spot. The music is plenty loud, the talk portions of the XM are plenty loud, I would like a little more volume on the phone calls. I am waiting on a new Scorpion 1000 helmet so I am not too concerned about the "perfect" spot. It is nice not to have to be concerned about pulling the ear buds out of place! I am also going to hook my radar detector output into the cable and see if it sends a proper "beep" through the headsets.

Archived