IGNORED

Moto GP Report: When you can't win,........ start Whining!

JerryMather

JerryMather

For all of those guys out there that think the Ducati GP7 is illegal and that Stoner is just a lucky punk.

Take a look at this . lmao.gifclap.gif

steve.foote

I love the last line of the article.

"It is, however, our duty to demand respect and recognition for our accomplishments—no ifs, ands, buts, or lies.

That's confidence!

The SuzondaYamaSaki's will eventually dial into the new 800cc framework and give Duc a run for the money, but there is no question that Ducati beat them out of the gate.

wrestleantares

I never thought they were cheating.

I just figured - first few races with the new machines, someone had to be dialed in better. Everyone will catchup.

russell_bynum
I never thought they were cheating.

I just figured - first few races with the new machines, someone had to be dialed in better. Everyone will catchup.

+1

They have the top speed dialed (Ducati has been very good at that since they first entered MotoGP.) and Bridgestone is putting out some really good tires.

They're winning because they've got the right combination of rider/bike/tires for the tracks.

So far. smile.gif

It'll be interesting to see what happens when they get to Le Mans next week.

Some people whine about Ducatis. Others whine about whiners. tongue.gif

See you in Torrey in a couple of days. I'll buy you a Casey Stoner victory beer. Your team deserves it. They're doing a helluva job. And that's good for racing. thumbsup.gif

russell_bynum
Some people whine about Ducatis. Others whine about whiners. tongue.gif

See you in Torrey in a couple of days. I'll buy you a Casey Stoner victory beer. Your team deserves it. They're doing a helluva job. And that's good for racing. thumbsup.gif

Absolutely. I'm totally jazzed that Casey seems to have sorted out his crashing problems from last year. I'm a bit bummed that Loris has been so far back, though. frown.gif

Seeing a small player like Ducati out there spanking the big-dollar efforts of Honda and Yamaha is really cool.

OTOH, am I the only one who laughs at their claims that they need the rules changed to allow the 1098 next year in WSBK because the 999 isn't competitive against the inline fours? Someone really needs to tell Troy Bayliss and Ruben Xaus that the 999 isn't competitive. lmao.gif

OTOH, am I the only one who laughs at their claims that they need the rules changed to allow the 1098 next year in WSBK because the 999 isn't competitive against the inline fours? Someone really needs to tell Troy Bayliss and Ruben Xaus that the 999 isn't competitive. lmao.gif

Russell,

I think the issue is that Ducati is having to use some exotic parts in the motor(currently allowed by the rules for the twins) to make the bike competitive. This is very costly and time consuming to Ducati. Ducati would like to have the twins allowed 1100cc, but disallow the current engine modifications that are legal for the twins. This would give them about the same power they have now, be less costly for them, and allow them to race a current production bike. At least this is what I have read in press statements from Ducati.

Archived